[feature request] more options in share

hi
now we are about 230 user using erpnext
but the it’s a pain when i need to share a document to a group of people i choose them every time manually
i think if i can put them into a group so i can in the future to share this document to the group
it will be much better

You may design such that you can share with all users having a particular Role. ( which can work like group)

1 Like

have you tried making Google groups / mail groups and subscribing people to those groups? might be a work around worth trying. cheers

1 Like

Can you provide a little more context? Why are you trying to share? Is there a specific scenario? For example, these 230 users are working on a project and you need to share a proposal? A bit more detail might be helpful.

1 Like

for example i have about 30 users going to event or a training i want to share a documents only for who going to the event not all users

So, if you are using events in the system, what about configuring an email alert with a link to the file that you want to share. You can use a condition to send the email upon registration, or a couple of days prior, or whatever your business rules require. @fatheyabdelslam Setup/Email/Email Alert

1 Like

i just say an example for using groups
what if i want to share information in notes for 30 users
what if i want to assign task to group of people and so on

@fatheyabdelslam thanks for the clarification. This definitely provides a bit more context. Sounds like there are quite a few scenarios that this could apply to for you. I could imagine the groups would be based on more than quite a few variables. For example, it might be shared with a “group” of people based on role, or interest, or like the example you provided with the events. I would also imagine you would need the ability to both Push items to groups, as well as allow groups of people to subscribe/pull various content? Would this be a fair characterization?

1 Like

okay what should i do if i want to simply assign a task to some users ?
the same task ?

That’s a really great question. Not sure if I have a good answer. One of the things you might want to think about is whether a task, which from my perspective is something that you would assign to very few people, maybe even no more than 1, is really what you’re trying to get accomplished. Or if it is more about wanting folks to see certain important information. If you are really wanting to track whether a colleague completed a task related to a specific event, maybe the education module would be better suited. While I do not know your internal workflows, it appears you are looking for something more akin to “attendance” style tracking, where you have a certain expectation and you want to track whether people are checking a box for attending to a requirement, rather than completing a task related to say, a project or a next step in a process. Have you thought of utilizing the Education module in that manner?