Dropbox integration hidden fields

In a scenario where ERPNext does not have a static IP or public URL, e.g. within an internal network, DropBox integration does not work well due to automated process requiring redirection from dropbox back to ERPNext. As a result currently in such scenario there is no way to set dropbox_access_token field because it is hidden. The way around it is to edit DropBox Settings DocType and unset hidden parameter for dropbox_access_token filed.

So in essence it would be better to have dropbox_access_token field not hidden to preserve an option to enter access token manually.

@aleksas Is there a way to manually set the dropbox_access_token field? If so, where is that done and how?

I’m not able to get the existing method to work where the access token is obtained directly from Dropbox. I am able to get the token manually from Dropbox. But I need to know where to enter it.

On trying backups, I’m getting the response from ERPNext:

Backup Upload Failed!

Oops, your automated backup to Dropbox failed.

Error message: No Access Token exists! Please generate the access token for Dropbox. Traceback (most recent call last): File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 56, in take_backup_to_dropbox if did_not_upload: raise Exception Exception

Please contact your system manager for more information.