You are using pip version 6.1.1, however version 7.0.1 is available

When I do bench update on my Centos 7 instance I get the following notice in bench.
You are using pip version 6.1.1, however version 7.0.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ‘pip install --upgrade pip’ command.

I updated pip via yum with the following commands from sudo user frappe

sudo yum install python-pip
pip install --upgrade pip

Now
pip -v reports
pip 7.0.1 from /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages (python 2.7)

But the same “You are using pip version 6.1.1, however version 7.0.1 is available.” remains in bench when I run bench update. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Rick

Seems this is a bug in python-pip repositories - even after upgrading pip, certain directories are not getting upgraded hence the error.

Even while working on local Django or other python framework, you will get same error. We are experiencing too.

Sunil

Cool. Thanks for the info. I guess it will repair itself sometime in the future then.

Yes, we have this problem also with CentOs 7

No!

To get rid of this,

Run ./env/bin/pip install --upgrade pip from frappe-bench dir

I should add this to bench update

2 Likes

Is better to run the command you sent or open a github issue so it is added to bench update for everybody?

@pdvyas, I’ve just run bench update and pip install --upgrade pip is not added yet.

./env/bin/pip install --upgrade pip command was worked for me earlier on the same pip issue. i have ran it in root.

./env/bin/pip install --upgrade pip from /frappe-bench/ just worked for me when faced with the warning “You are using pip version 7.0.3, however version 7.1.2 is available.”

Thanks!