Yearly reoccurring invoices

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for suggesting.

The general problem is that we have tons of great feature suggestions coming in (https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/wiki/Feature-Suggestions) and its really hard for us to prioritize.

We have a small team that manages product development, maintenance, support and production servers.

The biggest todo item on our plate is writing Test Cases for the existing product because we need it to make improvements without breaking everything that works. Every time we commit to a new feature, it pushes it back, so we have to keep balancing.

Please keep the suggestions and issues coming (you can also add them on the GitHub Feature Suggestions) page, but also understand that we are running a very tight shop here and there are some things we can do fast and some things we cannot.

If you really need a feature very urgently, you can post a job on the developer forum and see if someone can do it for you (and contribute it back to the community). If you want us (or any other developer out there) to do it on priority, it will help if you could sponsor the feature.

best,
Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 08-Jun-2012, at 11:43 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN wrote:

Any ETA on this?

On Jun 8, 2012 12:10 AM, "Nabin Hait" <na...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Currently the system only handles monthly recurring. We will add "Yearly" option as soon as possible.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
alot of my business is based on reoccurring invoices some monthly which ERPNext seems able to do however i do alot of yearly invoice too can/will erpnext be able to handle these?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.

To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/erpnext-developer-forum?hl=en.

<div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; ">Hi Ryan,</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; ">Since this is a bit of a technical problem, answering it on developer's forum.</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; ">Regarding your recurring invoice issue, please follow these instructions and let us know the output:</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; ">Please login to your mysql database as root user.</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; ">&gt;&gt; Use [your erpnext database]</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; ">Run this query:</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; ">&gt;&gt; select * from __SchedulerLog where method = "manage_recurring_invoices" order by `timestamp` limit 1\G;</div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; "><br></div>
            <div><div>Please paste the output as the reply and we can analyze the issue. Please post it on ERPNext Developer's Forum &lt;er...@googlegroups.com&gt;.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Anand.</div><div><br></div><div>Sent with <a href="http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig">Sparrow</a></div><div><br></div></div>

<p style="color: #A0A0A8;">On Sunday 22 July 2012 at 11:17 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN wrote:</p>
            <blockquote type="cite" style="border-left-style:solid;border-width:1px;margin-left:0px;padding-left:10px;">
                <span><div><div>Ok all that is good and well but my reoccuring invoices are not being sent! they should also appear under sales invoices right? <br><br><div>On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Anand Doshi <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:an...@iwebnotes.com" target="_blank">an...@iwebnotes.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote type="cite"><div>
            <div>
                Hi Ryan,
            </div><div><br></div><div>We will look into the update button issue.</div><div><br></div><div>Regarding end date, it acts as a deadline, when the recurring invoices creation stop for good, for that invoice. Suppose you have a customer under contract till 20 June 2014. By specifying this as the end date, you make sure that further recurring invoices are not created.</div>

End Date is optional. If you don't specify end date, it won't cause a problem.

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

<p style="color:#a0a0a8">On Saturday 21 July 2012 at 4:37 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN wrote:</p><blockquote type="cite"><div>
                <span><div><div>Also what is the point of the end date i have the to and from dates filled in but do not really understand why i need an end date? so i left it blank could this be my problem? <br><br>

PS there is some wierd behaviour with the update button not a appearing after i add the reoccuring invoice infos

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:

I still cannot get recurring invoices working i have created a monthly invoice and made posting date and due date for 2 months ago.  I get no email notification of my invoice even after i manually run the cron command

cd /var/www/erpnext && python lib/wnf.py --run_scheduler >> /var/log/erpnext-sch.log 2>&1

also i have added this using crontab -e as suggested in the install instructions.

*/3 * * * * cd /var/www/erpnext && python lib/wnf.py --run_scheduler >> /var/log/erpnext-sch.log 2>&1

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

Oh i found the cron setup in the new install instruction while upgrading to the new apache config

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:
No I do not believe I have setup a cron job, also i do not remember seeing any instructions regarding this in the new Manual :slight_smile: or anywhere else for that matter.  I know this is a relatively new feature and you folks pretty much tweaked it to my liking which i really appreciate, and understand if the DOCs are not up to date.  Plus i may have just missed reading the bit about cron somewhere could you point me to the DOC or give me instructions how to setup a cron job here?

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Did you setup a cron job of scheduler for your system?

thanks,
Anand.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Nabin Hait <na…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Ryan,

For testing you can create a back dated monthly recurring invoice (posting date 1 month ago). I will test at my end also.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:25 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello again I have created some monthly invoices, but they do not seem to be working, i get no notification about them and cannot find any RECINV in the system.  There doesn’t seem to be an easy way i can test them maybe making a daily option for testing so i do not have to wait a month to see if things are working. 

Any log or some debugging tool i can uses to see if these invoices are working correctly.

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Nabin Hait <na…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi,

Yearly recurring invoice feature has been added in erpnext. Please pull the updates from repository using

lib/wnf.py --update origin master

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello and not to be pushy but how are yearly invoices coming, also how do we know when stuff is added to erpnext when we should update that sort of thing.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
If I manage my time, it can be today only :)

In the worst case you can expect it by the next weekend (15/06/12)

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

Any ETA on this?

Currently the system only handles monthly recurring. We will add “Yearly” option as soon as possible.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:
alot of my business is based on reoccurring invoices some monthly which ERPNext seems able to do however i do alot of yearly invoice too can/will erpnext be able to handle these?

</div></blockquote><div>
                <br>
            </div>
        </div></div></div></blockquote></div><br>
            </blockquote>

<div>
                <br>
            </div>

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 59

Server version: 5.1.61-0+squeeze1 (Debian)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective

owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> select * from __SchedulerLog where method = "manage_recurring_invoices" order by timestamp limit 1\G;

*************************** 1. row ***************************
timestamp: 2012-07-17 19:15:03
method: manage_recurring_invoices
error: Traceback (innermost last):
File "/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/startup/schedule_handlers.py", line 35, in execute_all

manage_recurring_invoices()
File "/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py", line 499, in manage_recurring_invoices
send_notification(new_rv)
File "/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py", line 598, in send_notification

sendmail(new_rv.doc.notification_email_address.split(", "), subject=subject, msg = msg)
File "lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/init.py", line 92, in sendmail
email.send(send_now)

File "lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/send.py", line 217, in send
self.validate()
File "lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/send.py", line 160, in validate
webnotes.msgprint("%s is not a valid email id" % e, raise_exception = 1)

File "lib/py/webnotes/init.py", line 101, in msgprint
raise ValidationError, msg
ValidationError: Administrator is not a valid email id

1 row in set (0.03 sec)

ERROR:
No query specified

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 4:03 AM, Anand Doshi <an…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

<div style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:13px">Hi Ryan,</div><div style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:13px"><br></div><div style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:13px">Since this is a bit of a technical problem, answering it on developer&#39;s forum.</div>

Regarding your recurring invoice issue, please follow these instructions and let us know the output:

Please login to your mysql database as root user.

>> Use [your erpnext database]

Run this query:
>> select * from __SchedulerLog where method = "manage_recurring_invoices" order by `timestamp` limit 1\G;

Please paste the output as the reply and we can analyze the issue. Please post it on ERPNext Developer's Forum <er...@googlegroups.com>.

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

<p style="color:#a0a0a8">On Sunday 22 July 2012 at 11:17 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN wrote:</p>
            <blockquote type="cite" style="border-left-style:solid;border-width:1px;margin-left:0px;padding-left:10px">
                <span><div><div>Ok all that is good and well but my reoccuring invoices are not being sent! they should also appear under sales invoices right? <br><br><div>On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Anand Doshi <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:an...@iwebnotes.com" target="_blank">an...@iwebnotes.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
Hi Ryan,

We will look into the update button issue.

Regarding end date, it acts as a deadline, when the recurring invoices creation stop for good, for that invoice. Suppose you have a customer under contract till 20 June 2014. By specifying this as the end date, you make sure that further recurring invoices are not created.

End Date is optional. If you don't specify end date, it won't cause a problem.

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

<p style="color:#a0a0a8">On Saturday 21 July 2012 at 4:37 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN wrote:</p><blockquote type="cite"><div>
                <span><div><div>Also what is the point of the end date i have the to and from dates filled in but do not really understand why i need an end date? so i left it blank could this be my problem? <br><br>

PS there is some wierd behaviour with the update button not a appearing after i add the reoccuring invoice infos

I still cannot get recurring invoices working i have created a monthly invoice and made posting date and due date for 2 months ago. I get no email notification of my invoice even after i manually run the cron command

cd /var/www/erpnext && python lib/wnf.py --run_scheduler >> /var/log/erpnext-sch.log 2>&1

also i have added this using crontab -e as suggested in the install instructions.

*/3 * * * * cd /var/www/erpnext && python lib/wnf.py --run_scheduler >> /var/log/erpnext-sch.log 2>&1

Oh i found the cron setup in the new install instruction while upgrading to the new apache config

No I do not believe I have setup a cron job, also i do not remember seeing any instructions regarding this in the new Manual :) or anywhere else for that matter. I know this is a relatively new feature and you folks pretty much tweaked it to my liking which i really appreciate, and understand if the DOCs are not up to date. Plus i may have just missed reading the bit about cron somewhere could you point me to the DOC or give me instructions how to setup a cron job here?

Hi Ryan,

thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ryan,

For testing you can create a back dated monthly recurring invoice (posting date 1 month ago). I will test at my end also.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hello again I have created some monthly invoices, but they do not seem to be working, i get no notification about them and cannot find any RECINV in the system. There doesn't seem to be an easy way i can test them maybe making a daily option for testing so i do not have to wait a month to see if things are working.

Any log or some debugging tool i can uses to see if these invoices are working correctly.

Hi,

Yearly recurring invoice feature has been added in erpnext. Please pull the updates from repository using

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hello and not to be pushy but how are yearly invoices coming, also how do we know when stuff is added to erpnext when we should update that sort of thing.

Any ETA on this?

Currently the system only handles monthly recurring. We will add "Yearly" option as soon as possible.

</div></blockquote><div>
                <br>
            </div>
        </div></div></div></blockquote></div><br>
            </blockquote>

<div>
                <br>
            </div>

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

To post to this group, send email to er…@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to erpnext-developer-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Hi Ryan,

Please post development issues on the developer forum (sorry for reminding!).

The issue is that you are using Administrator user (which is not recommended). For users, we have the user id as the email id.

Go to Search -> Profile -> Administrator and set your email id.

best,
Rushabh

On 05-Oct-2012, at 1:26 PM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

all:ok
daily:ok
hourly:ok

# mysql -root -p erpnext
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ro...@erp:/home/c0mputerking# mysql -root -p erpnext
Enter password:

Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 1011
Server version: 5.1.63-0+squeeze1 (Debian)

owners.

mysql> select timestamp, method, error from __SchedulerLog order by timestamp desc limit 5\G;
timestamp: 2012-09-05 12:09:01
   method: flush
  File "/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/startup/schedule_handlers.py", line 59, in run_fn
    fn()
  File "lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/bulk.py", line 112, in flush
    as_dict=1):
  File "lib/py/webnotes/db.py", line 153, in sql
    raise e
 ProgrammingError: (1146, "Table 'erpnext.tabBulk Email' doesn't exist")

*************************** 2. row ***************************
timestamp: 2012-07-17 23:57:03
  File "/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/startup/schedule_handlers.py", line 35, in execute_all
  File "/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py", line 499, in manage_recurring_invoices
  File "/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py", line 598, in send_notification
    sendmail(new_rv.doc.notification_email_address.split(", "), subject=subject, msg = msg)
  File "lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/__init__.py", line 92, in sendmail
    email.send(send_now)
    self.validate()
  File "lib/py/webnotes/__init__.py", line 101, in msgprint

*************************** 3. row ***************************
timestamp: 2012-07-17 23:54:03
    email.send(send_now)
    self.validate()

*************************** 4. row ***************************
timestamp: 2012-07-17 23:51:02
    email.send(send_now)
    self.validate()

*************************** 5. row ***************************
timestamp: 2012-07-17 23:48:03
    email.send(send_now)
    self.validate()

5 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Hmmm not a valid email pretty sure i filled my email in everywhere i could find is this the problem?

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Ryan,

Please paste the last 50 lines of /var/log/erpnext-sch.log as a reply.

Also, if possible, run this query in your database:
use <database name>
select timestamp, method, error from __SchedulerLog order by timestamp desc limit 5\G;

We will work on an error reporting system to help you raise your issues with sufficient background.

Thanks,
Anand.

On 03-Oct-2012, at 2:35 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have this

# crontab -l

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ryan,

Have you started the scheduler?

Please check Anand's post on this in the developer forum.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/erpnext-developer-forum/D0LMV25QAvo

If yes, please check your log and report any error you see on the developer forums!

best,
Rushabh

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:

I have been gone from here for awhile, and while away i was expecting some autogenerated email invoices however they still do not seem to be working for me.  Really need to get this sorted it is probably the most important feature of erpnext for me.

I did an update of erpnext today so should have the lastest files and what not

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Nabin Hait <na…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Pull the latest update from erpnext master branch for getting email id from profile for administrator.

Also there is an update to validate notification email address.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Nabin Hait <na…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

“Update” button visibility issue has not yet been solved, will update you once it solved.

“Next Date” is the date on which recurring invoice will be created and calculated based on “Recurring Type” and “Repeat on the Day of Month”.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:55 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok I have added an email to the Admin account now but have not had a chance to add another test recurring invoice

However the update button is still not always appearing when the recurring information is added

Also i have entered a from date and a to date for a yearly invoice, but the next date is the posting date not the to date and not even the due date.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Ryan,

In your case, the error arose because the user Administrator does not have a valid email address.
To solve your error, go to Document > Search > Profile > Administrator

Here, in the field Email, change its value to a valid email address.

Please note that Administrator account should only be used for development/maintenance related activities. We recommend that you create another user, assign all roles to it and use that user to create entries.

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

On Monday 23 July 2012 at 10:18 AM, Nabin Hait wrote:

<blockquote type="cite" style="border-left-style:solid;border-width:1px;margin-left:0px;padding-left:10px">
                <span>Hi Ryan,<br><br>Pull the latest update from master branch. Now it will notify system managers if there is any error while creating recurring invoice. There might be some error while creating recurring invoice.<br>

If there is any error, you can check those error in __SchedulerLog table.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok all that is good and well but my reoccuring invoices are not being sent! they should also appear under sales invoices right?

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Ryan,

Regarding end date, it acts as a deadline, when the recurring invoices creation stop for good, for that invoice. Suppose you have a customer under contract till 20 June 2014. By specifying this as the end date, you make sure that further recurring invoices are not created.

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

On Saturday 21 July 2012 at 4:37 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN wrote:

Also what is the point of the end date i have the to and from dates filled in but do not really understand why i need an end date? so i left it blank could this be my problem?

I still cannot get recurring invoices working i have created a monthly invoice and made posting date and due date for 2 months ago.  I get no email notification of my invoice even after i manually run the cron command

No I do not believe I have setup a cron job, also i do not remember seeing any instructions regarding this in the new Manual :) or anywhere else for that matter.  I know this is a relatively new feature and you folks pretty much tweaked it to my liking which i really appreciate, and understand if the DOCs are not up to date.  Plus i may have just missed reading the bit about cron somewhere could you point me to the DOC or give me instructions how to setup a cron job here?

Hi Ryan,

thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hello again I have created some monthly invoices, but they do not seem to be working, i get no notification about them and cannot find any RECINV in the system.  There doesn't seem to be an easy way i can test them maybe making a daily option for testing so i do not have to wait a month to see if things are working. 

Hi,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Any ETA on this?

Currently the system only handles monthly recurring. We will add “Yearly” option as soon as possible.

</blockquote><div>
                <br>
            </div>
        </div></blockquote></div><br>

</blockquote>

<div>
                <br>
            </div>

I think this is the Developer forum?

Anyways i remeber we came accross this once before, and the Adminitrators emails is already set

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

The issue is that you are using Administrator user (which is not recommended). For users, we have the user id as the email id.

best,
Rushabh

# mysql -root -p erpnext
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

ro…@erp:/home/c0mputerking# mysql -root -p erpnext
Enter password:

owners.

mysql> select timestamp, method, error from __SchedulerLog order by timestamp desc limit 5\G;

File "/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/startup/schedule_handlers.py", line 59, in run_fn

fn()<br>  File &quot;lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/bulk.py&quot;, line 112, in flush<br>    as_dict=1):<br>  File &quot;lib/py/webnotes/db.py&quot;, line 153, in sql<br>    raise e<br> ProgrammingError: (1146, &quot;Table &#39;erpnext.tabBulk Email&#39; doesn&#39;t exist&quot;)<br>

manage_recurring_invoices()<br>  File &quot;/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py&quot;, line 499, in manage_recurring_invoices<br>    send_notification(new_rv)<br>  File &quot;/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py&quot;, line 598, in send_notification<br>

sendmail(new_rv.doc.notification_email_address.split(&quot;, &quot;), subject=subject, msg = msg)<br>  File &quot;lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/__init__.py&quot;, line 92, in sendmail<br>    email.send(send_now)<br>

self.validate()

sendmail(new_rv.doc.notification_email_address.split(&quot;, &quot;), subject=subject, msg = msg)<br>  File &quot;lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/__init__.py&quot;, line 92, in sendmail<br>    email.send(send_now)<br>

self.validate()

self.validate()

self.validate()

5 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Hmmm not a valid email pretty sure i filled my email in everywhere i could find is this the problem?

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Anand Doshi <an…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

use <database name>
select timestamp, method, error from __SchedulerLog order by timestamp desc limit 5\G;

We will work on an error reporting system to help you raise your issues with sufficient background.

Thanks,
Anand.

I have this

# crontab -l

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Ryan,

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/erpnext-developer-forum/D0LMV25QAvo

If yes, please check your log and report any error you see on the developer forums!

best,
Rushabh

I have been gone from here for awhile, and while away i was expecting some autogenerated email invoices however they still do not seem to be working for me. Really need to get this sorted it is probably the most important feature of erpnext for me.

Hi Ryan,

Pull the latest update from erpnext master branch for getting email id from profile for administrator.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

"Update" button visibility issue has not yet been solved, will update you once it solved.

"Next Date" is the date on which recurring invoice will be created and calculated based on "Recurring Type" and "Repeat on the Day of Month".

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Ok I have added an email to the Admin account now but have not had a chance to add another test recurring invoice

However the update button is still not always appearing when the recurring information is added

Also i have entered a from date and a to date for a yearly invoice, but the next date is the posting date not the to date and not even the due date.

Hi Ryan,

In your case, the error arose because the user Administrator does not have a valid email address.

Please note that Administrator account should only be used for development/maintenance related activities. We recommend that you create another user, assign all roles to it and use that user to create entries.

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

<span>Hi Ryan,<br><br>Pull the latest update from master branch. Now it will notify system managers if there is any error while creating recurring invoice. There might be some error while creating recurring invoice.<br>

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Ok all that is good and well but my reoccuring invoices are not being sent! they should also appear under sales invoices right?

Hi Ryan,

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

Also what is the point of the end date i have the to and from dates filled in but do not really understand why i need an end date? so i left it blank could this be my problem?

I still cannot get recurring invoices working i have created a monthly invoice and made posting date and due date for 2 months ago. I get no email notification of my invoice even after i manually run the cron command

No I do not believe I have setup a cron job, also i do not remember seeing any instructions regarding this in the new Manual :) or anywhere else for that matter. I know this is a relatively new feature and you folks pretty much tweaked it to my liking which i really appreciate, and understand if the DOCs are not up to date. Plus i may have just missed reading the bit about cron somewhere could you point me to the DOC or give me instructions how to setup a cron job here?

Hi Ryan,

thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hello again I have created some monthly invoices, but they do not seem to be working, i get no notification about them and cannot find any RECINV in the system. There doesn't seem to be an easy way i can test them maybe making a daily option for testing so i do not have to wait a month to see if things are working.

Hi,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Any ETA on this?

</blockquote><div>
                <br>
            </div>

</blockquote>

<div>
                <br>
            </div>

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to erpnext-developer-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Ok will check

(I replied you back on the developer forum!)

- Rushabh

On 07-Oct-2012, at 1:32 PM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anyways i remeber we came accross this once before, and the Adminitrators emails is already set

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ryan,

best,
Rushabh

# mysql -root -p erpnext
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

Enter password:

owners.

Type ‘help;’ or ‘\h’ for help. Type ‘\c’ to clear the current input statement.

File “/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/startup/schedule_handlers.py”, line 59, in run_fn

fn()
  File “lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/bulk.py”, line 112, in flush
    as_dict=1):
  File “lib/py/webnotes/db.py”, line 153, in sql
    raise e
 ProgrammingError: (1146, “Table ‘erpnext.tabBulk Email’ doesn’t exist”)

File “/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/startup/schedule_handlers.py”, line 35, in execute_all

File “/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py”, line 499, in manage_recurring_invoices
  File “/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py”, line 598, in send_notification

File “lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/init.py”, line 92, in sendmail
    email.send(send_now)

File “lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/send.py”, line 217, in send
    self.validate()
  File “lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/send.py”, line 160, in validate
    webnotes.msgprint(“%s is not a valid email id” % e, raise_exception = 1)

File “lib/py/webnotes/init.py”, line 101, in msgprint

File “/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/startup/schedule_handlers.py”, line 35, in execute_all

File “/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py”, line 499, in manage_recurring_invoices
  File “/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py”, line 598, in send_notification

email.send(send_now)

self.validate()

email.send(send_now)

self.validate()

email.send(send_now)

self.validate()

5 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Hi Ryan,

use <database name>

Thanks,
Anand.

I have this

# crontab -l

Ryan,

best,
Rushabh

I have been gone from here for awhile, and while away i was expecting some autogenerated email invoices however they still do not seem to be working for me.  Really need to get this sorted it is probably the most important feature of erpnext for me.

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

“Update” button visibility issue has not yet been solved, will update you once it solved.

“Next Date” is the date on which recurring invoice will be created and calculated based on “Recurring Type” and “Repeat on the Day of Month”.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

No I do not believe I have setup a cron job, also i do not remember seeing any instructions regarding this in the new Manual :) or anywhere else for that matter.  I know this is a relatively new feature and you folks pretty much tweaked it to my liking which i really appreciate, and understand if the DOCs are not up to date.  Plus i may have just missed reading the bit about cron somewhere could you point me to the DOC or give me instructions how to setup a cron job here?

Hi Ryan,

thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hello again I have created some monthly invoices, but they do not seem to be working, i get no notification about them and cannot find any RECINV in the system.  There doesn't seem to be an easy way i can test them maybe making a daily option for testing so i do not have to wait a month to see if things are working. 

Hi,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Any ETA on this?

</blockquote><div>
                <br>
            </div>

</blockquote>

<div>
                <br>
            </div>

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.

Hi Ryan,

A few months back, there was a bug in recurring invoice, which was saving profile's name instead of email address in the "Notification Email Address" field. This was solved. You are getting this error, because you are using 'Administrator' user and you might've made the invoice 'recurring' when the bug still existed.

To fix your issue, go to the concerned invoice which you want to be recurring, uncheck 'Convert into recurring' and again check 'Convert into recurring'. Then, click on 'Update' to save the submitted form. You should be able to see the correct email addresses in the "Notification Email Address" field.

This should fix your problem.

Thanks,
Anand.

On 08-Oct-2012, at 9:49 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok will check

- Rushabh

Hi Ryan,

best,
Rushabh

# mysql -root -p erpnext
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

Enter password:

owners.

Type ‘help;’ or ‘\h’ for help. Type ‘\c’ to clear the current input statement.

File “/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/startup/schedule_handlers.py”, line 59, in run_fn

fn()
  File “lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/bulk.py”, line 112, in flush
    as_dict=1):
  File “lib/py/webnotes/db.py”, line 153, in sql
    raise e
 ProgrammingError: (1146, “Table ‘erpnext.tabBulk Email’ doesn’t exist”)

email.send(send_now)

self.validate()

email.send(send_now)

self.validate()

email.send(send_now)

self.validate()

email.send(send_now)

self.validate()

5 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Hi Ryan,

use <database name>

Thanks,
Anand.

I have this

# crontab -l

Ryan,

best,
Rushabh

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

Hi Ryan,

thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Any ETA on this?

</blockquote><div>
                <br>
            </div>

</blockquote>

<div>
                <br>
            </div>

I'm not entirely convinced this has fixed things, as there were already email addresses in the notification field, I have done as instructed and checked then unchecked then update, guess i have to wait a year to find out on some of these? a bit unsettling not to mention all the invoices i have already missed sending have a real mess to straiten out now. Any sure fire way to test this

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Anand Doshi <an…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

A few months back, there was a bug in recurring invoice, which was saving profile's name instead of email address in the "Notification Email Address" field. This was solved. You are getting this error, because you are using 'Administrator' user and you might've made the invoice 'recurring' when the bug still existed.

To fix your issue, go to the concerned invoice which you want to be recurring, uncheck 'Convert into recurring' and again check 'Convert into recurring'. Then, click on 'Update' to save the submitted form. You should be able to see the correct email addresses in the "Notification Email Address" field.

Thanks,
Anand.

Ok will check

- Rushabh

Hi Ryan,

best,
Rushabh

# mysql -root -p erpnext
Enter password:

Enter password:

owners.

fn()<br>  File &quot;lib/py/webnotes/utils/email_lib/bulk.py&quot;, line 112, in flush<br>    as_dict=1):<br>  File &quot;lib/py/webnotes/db.py&quot;, line 153, in sql<br>    raise e<br> ProgrammingError: (1146, &quot;Table &#39;erpnext.tabBulk Email&#39; doesn&#39;t exist&quot;)<br>

manage_recurring_invoices()<br>  File &quot;/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py&quot;, line 499, in manage_recurring_invoices<br>    send_notification(new_rv)<br>  File &quot;/var/www/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/gl_control/gl_control.py&quot;, line 598, in send_notification<br>

self.validate()

self.validate()

self.validate()

self.validate()

5 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Hi Ryan,

use <database name>

Thanks,
Anand.

I have this

# crontab -l

Ryan,

best,
Rushabh

I have been gone from here for awhile, and while away i was expecting some autogenerated email invoices however they still do not seem to be working for me. Really need to get this sorted it is probably the most important feature of erpnext for me.

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

"Update" button visibility issue has not yet been solved, will update you once it solved.

"Next Date" is the date on which recurring invoice will be created and calculated based on "Recurring Type" and "Repeat on the Day of Month".

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

Hi Ryan,

thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Any ETA on this?

</blockquote><div>
                <br>
            </div>

</blockquote>

<div>
                <br>
            </div>

Also i noticed that one of my invoices only had my email and not the customers, so i thought maybe they need a contact added (which is mostly redundant for me and should be optional :slight_smile: ) but just for testing i added a contact and updated the reoccuring info and still no cutomer email appearing in the email notification field this is supposed to autopopulate right?

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm not entirely convinced this has fixed things, as there were already email addresses in the notification field, I have done as instructed and checked then unchecked then update, guess i have to wait a year to find out on some of these? a bit unsettling not to mention all the invoices i have already missed sending have a real mess to straiten out now. Any sure fire way to test this

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Ryan,

Thanks,
Anand.

Ok will check

- Rushabh

On 07-Oct-2012, at 1:32 PM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

best,
Rushabh

# mysql -root -p erpnext
Enter password:

Enter password:

owners.

self.validate()

self.validate()

self.validate()

self.validate()

5 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Hi Ryan,

use <database name>

Thanks,
Anand.

I have this

# crontab -l

Ryan,

best,
Rushabh

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi Ryan,

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent with Sparrow

Hi Ryan,

thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ryan,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hi,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Any ETA on this?

</blockquote><div>
                <br>
            </div>

</blockquote>

<div>
                <br>
            </div>