WORKING - Fingerprint enabled Time and Attendance application for ERPNext

@clarkej thanks for your reply actually i am new here, i don’t have enough knowledge of ERPNext as how much you have, i am just following @noetico 's these steps, i am stuck in step no 4. i am unable to understand it properly.

extremely sorry for the late reply. try the following steps

1 - log into mysql, you can use bench mysql
2 - set privileges as follows: grant all privileges on databaseName TO ‘user’ @’%’ identified by ‘password’ with grant option; hit enter
3 - enter flush privileges; hit enter
4 - edit my.cnf to allow external connections as follows, navigate to etc/mysql and open the my.cnf file, look for bind-address 127.0
0.1 add a # in front of it, before it like so, #bind-address
5 - add another line, #skip-networking
6 - save file, restart server
please dont make a mistake in the conf file.
all the best

Right there /etc/mysql/my.cnf

Many thanks @clarkej & @noetico i’ve found the file my.cnf
but it is not allowing me to edit the file. my user name is frappe, and the file owner is root, but i don’t have the root password, where can i get root password?

For user ‘frappe’ to edit that file that user account must have sudo privileges.

Run this to identify if that’s the case for you:
frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench$ groups
frappe adm cdrom sudo dip plugdev lpadmin sambashare libvirtd

If not then you will need to obtain or reset the root password…

how are you running erpnext? well check this out:

if you are the server owner you can actually change the password fairly easily and use sudo.

@noetico I’ve finished all above 6 points, but still getting this error while Click on Connect Server
Connection failed with error: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
Now please tell me what to do next?

ok, maybe you should query the mysql users and see, remember when you use the grant privileges the part with identified by ‘password’ should have the password for that user.

also do this and see what you have.

at the mysql prompt type

use mysql;
select host, user, password from user;

then whats the output for each of these…

show grants for 'user'@'localhost';
show grants for 'user' @'%' ;

replace user with user name like root or frappe

hi
i try to install application in window 8 but show message this package not install window 8 or later

hey hii
i am got this error at connect server time how to solve dear i am confused how to solved… i am confused.

Connection failed with error: Authentication to host ‘192.168.0.15’ for user ‘root’ using method ‘mysql_native_password’ failed with message: Access denied for user ‘root’@‘192.168.0.102’ (using password: YES)

You are either using a wrong database password or your mysql is not allowing the connection.

currently i got this

Connection failed with error: SELECT command denied to user ‘localhost’@‘192.168.0.102’ for table ‘tabEmployee’

how to solve

Check your database settings. According to the error message, the database user name is “localhost”, which I suspect might be incorrect.

(This may be a good time to call you in your database administrator for on-the-line assistance).

Dear
i am successfully connected the databases but i am press the enroll button then i got this error →
failed with error: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex; Source mscorlib::

dear crafter how to solve this above error…you know any idea

Hi, that must be a small bug due to different version of erpnext. Sorry but this will require a big fix since the naming series have changed a lot since this program. I will work on it and send the package to you.

ok thnx

@noetico Can this be done with Linux SDK ?

I am trying to install in ubuntu 16.04 lts but getting error while installing ftrDriverSetup_win8_whql_2307.exe

1. Is this will work in ubuntu 16.04 if yes then what are the steps ? How to make this in working condition?

Please share the steps

Thanks

I would love to see the new package.