Which module can I use for Cinema?

Hello everyone,

Please which module can I use for Cinema ? Or someone should please guide me on how to implement ERPNext for a Cinema.

Kindly outline your use case. What goes into running a cinema? This way, the good folks here can point in the right direction: which modules to use, the custom modules to use, etc.

Thank you very much @kevingee ,

I want to know how to use ERPNext to do the following for my Cinema business :

(1) Sales of tickets to customers coming to watch movies.
(2) Sales of Snacks and drinks.
(3) Reporting.

Thank you very much @kevingee ,

Please I want to know how to use ERPNext to do the following for my Cinema business :

(1) Sales of tickets to customers coming to watch movies.
(2) Sales of Snacks and drinks.
(3) Reporting.

1. Sales of tickets would need to be customized , depending on your business model.POS module should be used for simplicity at the counter, cash float etc.
    e.g A movie has x amount of seats for scheduled time slot i.e movie A plays from 10am - 11am and can seat 50ppl , so if your business process needs these to show on your reports customization would need to done.
  2. Sales of snacks , create stock item. Use Purchase Module to buy stock from suppliers and maintain stock levels etc , sold via pos.
  3. Reports would need to be built for (1) if customized.

Thank you very much for your quick reply @msalim79 , I will like us to discuss further, please kindly chat me up on +2347063785330.

Thank you very much for your quick response @msalim79 , I will like us to discuss further, please kindly chat me up on +2347063785330.

An idea: create item to represent each seat and set the stock to 1. Then group them, if needed, as a screen room (assumed the cinema has several screen rooms).

If screen layout is not an issue, you can use POS directly to sell the seats.

You can iterate on this idea.

After some thinking on it, I think use of items for individual seats is the better option for a vanilla approach. A seat with a stock of 1, and then material receipts after each viewing session to replenish the stock of one.

Material receipt would have approximate cost/value of the seat.

Different items means, ability to manage different prices for the seats, per movie/film.

1 Like

Needs heavy customisations for tickets sale. Both backend and frontend. Possible to achieve however you should compare customisations cost and time factor versus off the shelf a seat sell app.

You can use ERPNext for cinema as you would for any other activity. The working mechanism is the same. I had a dream of opening a small private cinema, too.