Where has 'Compact Item print in Print settings gone?

In Version 8, there was a setting that allowed a product image to suit within the Description colun on Quotations so best use of the space was made.

This was enabled by ‘Compact Item Print’ which was a tickbox in Setup → Print Settings, which showed description below the item code in all standard print format too.

In version 9, this setting has disappeared. Is this deliberate or accidental? The print settings have been refactored fairly recently but I’m not sure why thius useful capability was removed.

That method appears in the code - see below.

My guess is that menus and especially their menu item list are dynamically (and not statically) instantiated, in which case how the code works where is a mystery in my case.

frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench$ find . -name ‘.py’ | xargs grep ‘Compact Item Print’
./apps/erpnext/erpnext/setup/install.py: ‘label’: _(‘Compact Item Print’),
frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench$ find '
.py’ | xargs grep create_compact_item_print_custom_field
find: `.py’: No such file or directory
frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench$ find . -name '
.py’ | xargs grep create_compact_item_print_custom_field
./apps/erpnext/erpnext/patches/v7_0/remove_features_setup.py:from erpnext.setup.install import create_compact_item_print_custom_field
./apps/erpnext/erpnext/patches/v7_0/remove_features_setup.py: create_compact_item_print_custom_field()
./apps/erpnext/erpnext/patches/v6_20x/set_compact_print.py:from erpnext.setup.install import create_compact_item_print_custom_field
./apps/erpnext/erpnext/patches/v6_20x/set_compact_print.py: create_compact_item_print_custom_field()
./apps/erpnext/erpnext/setup/install.py: create_compact_item_print_custom_field()
./apps/erpnext/erpnext/setup/install.py:def create_compact_item_print_custom_field():
frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench$ bench version
erpnext 8.7.2
frappe 8.6.7

1 Like