What shopping cart apps are you using with ERPNext?

I need to provide a way to sell my products online. I know that Spotify and Amazon are available as sales platforms, but what is everyone else using?

I just saw that WooCommerce is an integration in v13. Does this actually work or is it mostly still broken?

Anyway… what are you using and why?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

~BKM

We use Shopify with Integromat, along with ERPNext Webhooks for the bulk of the integration. We also use the standalone AM_MWS frappe app for Amazon FBA. It has loads more features than the standard integration built into ERPNext. I’m meant to be documenting a lot of the enhancements that we have been the driver for, but not there yet.
Mike

I can see this as a way forward but a fairly expensive one. I was hoping to find something to reduce the number of subscription service needed. In you solution the Shopify and the Integromat are both subscription services. I am sure that it works, but I would prefer to limit this to possibly a single subscription (or less).

• Has anyone done anything with the current WooCommerce integration built into the system?
  • Has anyone developed some other package that could handle this with a single point of integration?

~BKM

I actually find Integromat extremely cost-effective. We tried the built-in Shopify integration, but it didn’t handle our workflow. We purchase shipping and fulfill via the Shopify interface. The native Shopify-ERPNext integration creates Sales Orders and Delivery Notes. This way we can go straight to a Sales Invoice with payment and stock posted at once. We also use Integromat to integrate with other commerce platforms specific to our product.

Does a basic or standard package on Integromat satisfy your needs? Because anything more from that seems too much for me right now. I was looking into integrating ERPNext with Magento 2 by GitHub - Myddleware/myddleware: Myddleware is the customisable free open-source platform that facilitates data migration and synchonisation between applications. as its a self-hosted solution, but it has its problems. Also, we are using ClickUp, so Integromat looks interesting to me.
There was also discussion here about using n8n and Camunda(zeebe). N8n looks as slick as Itegromat, do you maybe have experience with one of these other platforms.

1 Like

I’m on the standard subscription, 40000 operations a month. We started at 9000 a month, but I’ve got 26 various scenarios. Each Shopify order takes 9 operations on “Create”, then another 4 to “Submit”. Additionally, Shopify sends a duplicate notification for each order create, so I waste 2 operations to filter that out. So 15 Integromat operations per order.
Our process goes like this:

• Customer places paid order in Shopify shop
  • Draft Sales invoice created in ERPNext
  • Fulfillment noted in Shopify admin
  • Order Submitted in ERPNext (after verifying ERPNext inventory)

We fulfill from Shopify because we buy shipping through Shopify and all the customer communication emails are set up nicely, including tracking.

PS I am not familiar with the other integration platforms mentioned, though I have used some pricy ones such as Celigo integrator.io which are really powerful but budget-busting.

1 Like

We evaluated a number of FOSS e-commerce alternatives, but never got to implement any as yet. We were of the opinion that we could use the various APIs of either package to achieve such. Hence we favoured Sylius (https://sylius.com) as it has a very transparent roadmap, is immensely customizable and has a robust/extensive API.

In order to enhance the built-in Workflow in ERPNext, we already integrate external BPM using Camunda. So I suspect if the e-commerce integration via the API route does not suite our needs we’d probably look at integration via Camunda.

We have the same configuration where we use Shopify and ERPNext and I started to play a little bit with Integromat to sync shopify with other E-commerce such as Etsy, etc, but it is a bit confusing at first. Would you mind sharing your Integromat scenario, I would be fascinated to see how you handle everything!

Thank you :slight_smile: !

Hi Frederic,
We have two scenarios in Integromat:

1. Shopify Order Create
  2. Shopify Order Submit

The steps for the first one:
a. Shopify Order Create webhook
b. MySql call to ERPNext database to see if the Shopify order exists in the field market_place_order_id in tabSales invoice
c. filter to continue only if it’s not there
d. set some variables for number series based on source (pos, web store, eBay)
e. iterate over line items
f. create Sales Invoice json
g. MySQL to check if customer exists already
h. router to create customer json and customer if necessary
I. create draft sales invoice

Then, when the order is updated in Shopify, I check if it is paid and fulfilled. If it is, I do a simple “Submit”. I check stock because sometimes our inventory could be off and we fulfill something for which ERPNext thinks stock is insufficient, so we leave those as Draft while we resolve. To check stock, I call a whitelisted function:

/api/method/erpnext.stock.utils.get_latest_stock_qty

3 Likes