What is best method to upgrade from v10 python2 up to v11 python 3

I have 2 servers running the last official version of v10 and they are both also on the old python version that will go away at the end of the year.

So, I am looking for advice on the best way to proceed. neither server has any custom apps or additions, so it should be a vert straight forward process. I know I get super busy at the end of the year so I want to get this out of the way now and not have it as a problem later. If it were not for the python support going away, I would keep everything the same, but in order to use Let’s Encrypt every few months I will need to get this update done to keep that part working.

For those that do not know, Let’s Encrypt is dependent on supported versions of python, so if you want to keep using the security script you will have to upgrade.

That is where I am. Can anyone point out the best path forward?

Should I upgrade python in v10 and then upgrade erpnext to v11?

Or upgrade to v11 first and then try to upgrade to python 3?

BKM

I would upgrade to ERPNext 11, then to python 3. I have a feeling you can actually do both at once. I had a couple of bugs with email handling with python 3 but that was about two months ago so I’m hoping these may have been fixed now

I agree with Julian - upgrade to ERPNext v11 first, then look at the P3 issues later. Personally I won’t switch to v3 until very near the end of the year