I want to build an eCommerce website for a car workshop, similar to https://gomechanic.in. My aim is simple, don’t reinvent the wheel and smartly utilize the already available resources out there. If you feel just vanilla js is enough for my application, please let me know.
At a very basic level, I need the following things
- landing page with an intro to the workshop and the services they offer
- a page with a detailed list of services and an option to book them
- a cart and payment page
- each user would have an account and can get email/Whatsapp updates
I was thinking of using frappe just as it offers so many things out of the box.
However, I’m a complete beginner at web dev and had the following questions
- I assume that I would need a frontend framework like Vue or React? I saw that Vue is compatible, but is Next Js compatible with frappe?
- Is frappe even recommended for my application? If not, what alternative would you recommend?
- has anyone here tried to integrate Vue storefront with frappe?
Right now, my aim is to use the Vue storefront and somehow integrate it with the frappe backend. I saw a discussion about using FrappeJS, but I guess FrappeJS is wip right now.
Thanks for reading, any help will be widely appreciated!