Webinar on ERPNext Version 8 Updates

Webinar recording is here:

4 Likes

Hi @umair,

Interesting updates.

On Doc Permission, how will those from v7 who have set doctype permission upgrade to v8 be affected?

Thanks!

Hi all,

Great new features. We would want to see the following simple additions to complete the features in:

1. Customer Feedback
    a) A connection between feedback results and employee appraisal

2. Employee Loan Management
    a) Rules/constraints for borrowing e.g. an employee cannot borrow more than n% of net salary (or savings) or employee cannot have more than n outstanding loans
    b) Maximum loan-book for a company as a flat figure or a percentage of some predefined account e.g. previous years net earnings
    c) Some sort of employee savings scheme (the opposite of loans) where employees can save a fixed amount from their pay into an account (such as b above) and borrow from the same using rules in a above.

Otherwise the rest of the features are just wonderful (and long overdue perhaps). Thank you.

Thanks. Please create Github Issues for your feature suggestions.

Thanks for sharing this webinar @umair . Do we know date of release for version 8?

Beta version will be available for testing from 6th March for the community. Full release can be expected later this month.

that is great news to hear, will the loan management system will be integrated with payroll,will the payroll system automatically deduct the amount which the employee agrees to be deducted per month, if so it will be greater.thanks

Yes. Loan deducted will be shown in the Salary Slip.

Hi @umair,

That’s good news!
Today is 6 march :smile: !
Is there an URL for the beta version?
How can we upgrade to the beta version (I installed the production erpnext site)?

error for https://beta.erpnext.com/desk:

Works fine for us. Go to https://beta.erpnext.com , and then click on Launch Demo.

Thanks @umair, but error is still there.

Anyway, I want to test it on my own erpnext install, how can I switch to v8.0 beta?

If you are on develop branch, then just an update should do it. For now, we don’t have changed version to 8.0, hence you might still see V7.2.##

1 Like

@umair

What is the reason that the beta version hasn’t been announced so far?
If I stand correctly the previous beta was announced on the forum and the Frappe blog.

This time I haven’t seen any announcement, or did I miss something?

As rightly indicated, we have delayed version 8 release a bit. We have recently merged Email Inbox feature in the develop branch. We still need another 2 weeks time for internal testing. After that, you can expect version 8 beta release.

More than happy that you have time to get this right and tested and happy before releasing the Beta. Don’t rush :wink:

1 Like

about wording kanban board

the term kanban comes from japanese and means (same as in chinese) something like board to look at.

so, a kanban board now is then a board to look at board which is a little silly I guess.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/7881

@vrms the root of the word doesn’t matter, what matter is the wide spread agreed upon definition that given to the word.
When you use Kanban by itself, people associate it with Kanban process or approach for managing and scheduling manufacturing process. here is the wiki Kanban, also for the case of software development, Kanban by itself means the software management system that developers can use to make a decision. here is the wiki Kanban

but Kanban Board is widely agreed on and understood to be a tool of visualization for Kanban method. here is the wiki Kanban Board

At least this how Kanban and kanban Board are understood in English, maybe its differentiated in another way in Chinese and Japanese . and Erpnext just use the visualization part of Kanban; therefore, Kanban board is the correct use in that case.

1 Like

understood. seems we disagree on that matter though

Its not with me you disagree, its with english language and how it borrows from other languages :slight_smile:

1 Like

if you say so …