Version 7 Update

@Ron_Taylor Well i got what u mean, but it’s kind of no sense to have 1 product per EAN code, in food market t’s a very common situation all over the world.

I take you’re not working in this field and let me tell you ERP like Openbravo, Odoo are handling that using an add on. That said i’m new to ERPNext but i’ll try to work on a feature or may be pay to have it.

Hi Ritesh

Few of the important aspect which you may like to address in v7

1. We may have some time lot of items to quote or to invoice and it gets too difficult to enter items one after another (say some time 70-100 items ). So if any possibility of uploading from excel (like it is for opening stock entry) in transaction that will be great.

2. Extension of project tagging in journal entries will be of great help.

At the whole Frappe Team,

I really love the whole new set of graphics that goes with the financial reports and other accounting reports.

I really love also the new way to enter data (such as in purchase receipt, stock entry, etc.) It makes the process of data entry more efficient (assuming all data has been entered properly into the item doctype)

You guys have done a really awesome job.

I do notice however a serious issue when one go from one report to another on the same tab. The new report is not coming up - it freezes on the old one. If I click on refresh, I usually get an error.
Here is two examples of such errors

Again, well done.

2 Likes

@rmehta could you detail more on the paas?

1 Like

Great stuff. Publish anyway

Some more information on the cloud would be really appreciated!

1. your README says “…enables field history tracking”. Just clarifying I understand that correctly with n example. Let’s say I have a price of an item and change that price. Using your App will enable me to see the entire history of this articular items price. Is that what it does? If yes … that’s a great, great, great feature!

2. furthermore it says “… APP IS NOT PRODUCTION-READY, AND IS STILL IN TESTING” … does that mean it will not work hen trying to install yet, or will work but is not as feature rich as planned yet?
    Or in other words, can it mess up a system when installing do to it’s development status not being production-ready yet

I am getting error while using the stock entry doctype or stock reconciliation tool. Not sure if it comes from my side or it is a bug. I am on the develop branch. Version 7.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 55, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 36, in execute_cmd
ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 854, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/search.py”, line 13, in search_link
search_widget(doctype, txt, query, searchfield=searchfield, page_len=page_len, filters=filters)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/search.py”, line 35, in search_widget
searchfield, start, page_len, filters, as_dict=as_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 854, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/controllers/queries.py”, line 187, in item_query
fcond=get_filters_cond(doctype, filters, conditions).replace(‘%’, ‘%%’),
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/controllers/queries.py”, line 25, in get_filters_cond
query.build_filter_conditions(flt, conditions)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py”, line 247, in build_filter_conditions
conditions.append(self.prepare_filter_condition(f))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py”, line 315, in prepare_filter_condition
if self.ignore_ifnull or not can_be_null:
AttributeError: ‘DatabaseQuery’ object has no attribute ‘ignore_ifnull’

@vrms

1. Yes - it will do exactly that! Of course, it’ll only track history after it’s been installed.

2. It will install - there are just a few bugs to take care of, I need to go through a few tests with installing apps after installing this one, for example. Feel free to install in testing and let me know if you run into anything.

I will start a new thread for this app soon! This thread should stay for v7 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Francois_Ifitwala fixed now.

1 Like

Hi,
First time post :slight_smile:

Are you able to elaborate on more features in relation to the below?

Would love to see the introduction to change Pay Period based on Weekly / Fortnightly / Monthly, and deductions to allow percentage to calculate automatically. Also having predefined templates would be nice - see below.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @OneiricIT,
Absolutely. But it should not only be type “income tax” it should also be to which countra-account, this should be linked to.

Thanks

Hi @Francois_Ifitwala,
Thanks for your valuable input. Would there also be any requirement to link the ‘percentage’ deduction item to a particular earning item? I would assume there are some earnings which do not get taxed based on their type.

Thanks

Yes. The deduction type should be linked to the earning type or types. must be one to many.

Would it make sense to give each item variant a barcode option? I think that would solve your specific problem (just create 4 item variants for each version of Coke), and give people that have legitimate needs for item variants a way to have different barcodes.

Thoughts?

@Ben_Cornwell_Mott What attribute to use for variants? I think would be simple to create a new DocType (if i got how ERPNext works) as Barcodes and allow users to add barcodes inside the item.

Kind of DocType used for Variants but for barcode.

:ballot_box_with_check: Has Multi barcodes? If checked allow to insert multi barcodes (primary key) or move all barcodes into this new DocType

POS and other modules will have to lookup to this DocType in order to find the Item.

Hi, the odoo addon you mentioned do you know the name? I have the same problem with games from all the different countries, they are the same but dont have the same eancode.
Thank you
Siplo

Why not PHP ? Why? Why :frowning:

the income tax can not be a percentage it has to be based on formula like (Basic Salary*25%)-250(some static no) and the percentage will be based on range for basic salary from this to this=15%, from this to this=20% and the static deduction will follow