Version 5 Update

Is it possible to bring back the old interface from v4 on v5?

Just wondering, if release date is Feb 25, shouldnā€™t we have a beta, or RC by now for more realistic testing?

1 Like

Yes I also found the UI of v4 the best UI of any erp Iā€™ve ever used; from Tally to MS Dynamics to Sage Pastel etc. I donā€™t know if the change was due to an overwhelming usability feedback or based solely on aesthetics, but I think the UI of V4 is the best anyone can have.

A perfect balance between beauty and usability

1 Like

@sinaisix
Totally agree! v4 is an example of smooth and crisp, yes user friendly and modern interface.
Just look at the landing page difference: http://i.imgur.com/tbG08Ur.png
Above: v4
Bellow: v5

1 Like

Aha! I thought I was the only one that noticed the stark difference between the two landing pages. Really have no idea why the radical shift

The new custom print format builder in V.5 is incredible! Congrats on some really amazing work in that area guys.
I also love the new top beadcrumb menu. I find it makes navigating around much more intuitive.

7 days to go!

Thanks everyone - keep the feedback coming. Sorry not able to monitor the forum very closely as we are furiously pushing updates.

The idea is that a major release gives us the opportunity to make changes so good ideas keep flowing till late.

We are trying to keep the staging5.erpnext.com updated.

Another new concept we pushed in (but may not be a full release) is a concept of a ā€œhubā€ - Here you can publish your products and also view products from other erpnext users. Registration to the hub is obviously optional, but the goal is to covert this to a network, where you can easily buy, sell ā€œin-appā€. We wanted to do this for a long time.

Also the user manual is due a major refitting. Lots to do!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen has been adding new strings in the translation portal and occasionally strings that were already corrected overwritten, it would be good to have a window in that collaborators can collaborate in the translation before the final release.

For this a RC or Beta Release would be useful to see which lines need attention

Hi, one feature to consider is a black listed keywords or email address that if seen in an email address will not open a support ticket, or not send an auto reply or both.
i.e 1.daemon@mail delivery
(when an email fails)

hereā€™s another scenario: 'i sent an email to your support, and i got an auto reply, and this went back and forth after 4 tickets were created at ERpnext and my support module.
i switched off my support module for 5 mins to prevent the back and forth auto tickets.

Consider creating an APP that you have to link to your phone

I am waiting eagerly for Ver 5 but kindly make sure you document the migration process from Ver 4 fully. I hope itā€™s as easy as an update!

Keep up the good work guys. I wish I was a programmer to help out.
Regards,
Ahmed

I like the list view in 5, but I donā€™t like that you removed the report (table) view. In Ver 4 I could use the table view in leads, quotations, and SOs and select columns that mattered for me. I canā€™t do this in 5 ?!

I must be missing something here. Where is the menu that contained Print, Email, SMS, , I see some options in the new menu like POS view, SMS, but there is no print. How can I print a draft quotation for example ?!
In quotation list, how can I sort quotations (easily) based on their value ?!

Hi My Biggest Frustration in Ver4 that you could consider fixing in Ver 5 is the following:

Whenever i setup my Support email account, it pulls all the emails from my email account and leaves it empty. So when i go into mydomain.com/webmail the inbox is empty.

meaning i can only access the emails through erpnext.
Please disable this and leave the emails in the inbox similar to how our smartphones work.

Translator portal (Not Found) is now updated with version 5 strings. Other updates include,

hi, i got problem with thisā€¦
i want to update but i cant because i had not enough karma i guess, but when i edited there is no error message so after i edit it im press update then verified, when i refresh the page what im edited is back to before im edited but already verifiedā€¦
please fix this

Thanks

A Ver.5 UI suggestion.
I think that the link icon in the link fields should always be visible, Even if icon is at 50% opacity when the user is off focus.
At the moment you have to click into a field before it becomes obvious that it is in fact a link field and not just a data field.
Best Regards

I tested but could not replicate. There were other bugs which I fixed this
morning.

Also, use Ctrl + Shift + R to purge any cached Javascript

@pdvyas @rushabh_mehta

I not sure is this is the place to ask for this ā€¦ but in ā€œFedoralandā€ we make desing for Tshirt so we can share our preference for any app we like, some examples are here:

So is there some problem if a make some desing for tshirt and post here or in other Topic so the comunity can choose and print a tshirt? I am not saying to sell the t-shirt, I only say to make some desing available so if any like to make one have a desing to print.

2 Likes

Hi, i wonder how multi currency account feature progress ?

Thanks

Release Update:

If you have been following the updates, there have been lot of last minute pushes (yes multi-currency), so its unlikely we can release this week. But we are keen to release this next Wednesday.

The wait will be worth it! Thanks for the patience.

4 Likes