[Version 12] [Proposal] Changing the Cancellation Workflow

Some of the specifics of the proposal are not yet clear to me, but to follow the law I need to be able to print on demand every single invoice that has ever been issued, regardless of whether it’s active or cancelled, numbered sequentially. In other words, having an explicit and visible “canceled” state for invoices is fundamental.

I suggest rather than changing the cancellation flow, let create an option in settings to allow cancellation or not. This way, users who depend on dependence for verification and checking purposes and those who do not can still use the system.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m not sure what implications it will be for the entire system when this is implemented to v12… but I think, my approach may have a lesser impact on the upgrade…

I suggest, during the cancellation, instead of adding the -1 , -2 suffix to the newly created document, we don’t do that on the new document, but add the suffix to cancelled document instead? Don’t you think this is would make it more backwards compatible to previous versions?
We’re actually thinking of making such modifications on version 11 and version 10, if this is acceptable, we can contribute the codebase back for v12

We’re actually plagued by the current system where they could alter the doc name and put a -1 on it, this is especially unacceptable when we name documents using their Fully Qualified Business Name, For instance when a company is called “So and So Pvt Ltd” , using this to name the document would turn it into “So and So Pvt Ltd-1” when it is amended, we’d still like to name the document with their full name, without the -1, but like to retain the past revisions… The problem here is, the -1 would not only appear on the document name, it would appear on the link field used to refer back to it as well.

i think, if we reverse this process, it would allow retention of past revisions/audit trail, and the name of the finally submitted document would not have a -1 suffix to it, which is the main issue contributor to propose such changes.

1 Like