Vending machine managment

Hi,
I wonder if i can use ERPNext as vending machine management system. to track my machine sales and inventory. I’m thinking of adding vending machines as POS devices.
Is that possible in ERPNext?

Hi Ahmad,

Welcome to ERPNext. I hope you have a great experience here and with ERPNext.

Integrating vending machines with ERPNext is a great idea. How hard it would be to achieve the integration will really depend of whether the vending machines have APIs or Interfaces that can work with ERPNext. What make/specifications of vending machines do you use?

Thanks

Jay

2 Likes

Hi Jay,
Thanks and really good news for me as I managed to get all machine interfaces in Rest APIs and JSON objects. So how to proceed and integrate sales reports, inventory, machine logs into ERPnext solution. and what modules already exist to support vending machines?

Hi Ahmad,

The standard ERPNext modules - Inventory, Sales, etc. are of course available on ERPNext. Other than that, there is not much else to support vending machines.

Your best bet is to use RestAPI to integrate the vending machine with ERPNext. Setup a separate warehouse for each Vending Machine and as a sale is made, cut an invoice with Update Stock Include Payment checked. As a Vending Machine is replenished, initiate a purchase receipt or Stock Entry Purpose: Material Transfer into the Vending machine. Now you use ERPNext to manage replenishment cycles.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like