Valuation difference in Opening Stock from Stock entry

I migrating from Tally to ErpNext and having all Items in Batches.
Tally closing stock provides qty, average value rate, total value amount.
But in opening stock through stock entry, it requires qty and value rate, no value amount.
Thus there is always +or- difference in total value (for me it was 3600/-) and no way to move that to Temporarily opening.

Please guide me if I am wrong.

If at all there was an issue, it should be due to decimal places and very marginal amount. Since ERPNext, since amount is auto-calculated based on Qty and Valuation rate, it’s very rare that it’s mistake. Please review if values like Qty and Valuation rate for an item was entered correctly. Or if Amount provided by Tally was correct, compared to Qty and Rate. If yes, and if you see different amount for the same item in ERPNext, please share their details here.

Hi Umain,

You are right, its problem because of decimals, Decimal calculation.

1. Tally - It counts Value as amount only, rate is Qty / Amount = average rate with 2 decimal figure.
  2. ERPNext - It counts Value from Qty X Rate.

Thus Total Value cannot match with each other.

I have sent a Tally report & comparision via message(I didn’t want to upload here). Please check.

Tally - It counts Value as amount only, rate is Qty / Amount = average rate with 2 decimal figure.

How can they calculate Amount before Rate? And then again recalculate Rate?

ERPNext - It counts Value from Qty X Rate.

Sounds more logical to me.

:slight_smile: That’s what it is. Tally not cosidering rate at all, But Total Amount Value only. And giving rate for reference by Amount / Qty = Rounded of 2 decimals rate.

Any Solution?

Try to use higher “Precision” value for rate field. You can set that from Customize Form → Stock Entry Detail.

Just to close the Post,

It didn’t work, I change one item valuation rate manually to match total. Closing a post.