[V7] Offline POS Functionality

Hi @rohit_w

There’s a critical issue that has come back again!! The POS is not validating serial numbers. After a user has sold an item with a particular serial number, he can still make another sale with the same serial number!

Kindly help look into this asap

Thanks

Hi @wale

There is already validation for this scenario,

Can you share some steps to reproduce the issue.

Thanks

Hi @rohit_w

Let me first of all specify that we’re on ERPNext v7.2.8

STEPS:

1. Make a Sale on the POS with serialized item
  2. Click on ‘New’
  3. Enter same serial number as in previous sale (step 1)

We are able to even process the sale! The only thing is that when it gets synced, it appears as a Draft

Hi @rohit_w

Hope you were able to identify the issue described above. Please also look into the following:

1. When a user is given permission to ‘Delete’ in their POS Profile, they are able to delete even completed transactions from their offline records list! This is an issue since valid transactions can be inadvertently (or purposely) deleted and lost this way. This is very delicate especially in the case of serialized items where that record is the only proof of a completed transaction and the particular serial number(s) involved. After granting rights for Delete, there should be a further option to restrict the user to delete Draft transactions only. This way, it is possible to restrict a cashier to delete Draft transactions only while the store manager may delete both Draft and Completed transactions if necessary

2. When a user is given permission to ‘Edit Rate’ in their POS Profile, they are able to input any value. There should be a further option to restrict the user from entering a rate lower than the Price List Rate. Again, this is critical for scenarios where a cashier needs the approval (or intervention) of a manager before they can enter a price that is lower than the Price List Rate

Thanks a lot

Hi @rohit_w

Trust you’re doing great. This issue is still there! Please help look into it

Thanks

Hi Rohit I have installed rep next on local host via oracle virtual box n connected it though vpn services to remote location so it acts as a server now how do I setup the offline sync option in these can I have to install something in remote systems as well as they are running via vpn ip from that local host server

Hi @DMZVUL01

The offline functionality doesn’t require any special setup as far as I know. It’s browser based and works out of the box. Are you experiencing any particular issues with syncing?

Kind regards,