V5: Supplier account not showing while making New Journal Entry

Hi,

The supplier which I had added in v4, is showing while making a new journal entry in v5 (I had upgrade from v4 to v5 on 1st jun and updated on 3rd June again).

One question hits me always - Is V5 is ready for production?
Because when we say application is ready for production, it should pass few mandatory test otherwise it makes much more sense to keep v5 in beta stage.

Apologize if I’m point out the ground reality.

Sunil

Adding one more clarification in my earlier post:

When I click on Supplier name under Buying >> Supplier >> , it show zero, zero whereas there are multiple transaction is there with this supplier? Kindly clarify

Hi

In v5 the accounts of All Customers and Suppliers were removed and merged into 1 single account of Debtors and Creditors and hence to make a JV for a Supplier do the following:

1. Select Party Type as “SUPPLIER”
  2. Select the Supplier created.
  3. The account would automatically selected like “Creditors” see the image below

Also regarding the old transactions of supplier, I think the transaction details of the supplier are showing properly with my version which is as below:

ERPNext: v5.0.17
Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning for Small and Midsized Organizations

Frappe Framework: v5.0.21
Full Stack Web Application Framework in Python

You can also check the screen shot:

I hope this helps

Agree.
But how about suppliers transaction history. It show zero zero

Thats what I showed that in my account the supplier history is showing properly, maybe there was a bug and you would want to update to the latest version and hence I had shared my version number.

@adityaduggal V4 was doing all the job for me.
Would be a great favor, if you can help me setting up fresh V4.

Trying to setup bench manually to install v4, it gives error.

erptrial:~$ bench init frappe-bench && cd frappe-bench
Already using interpreter /usr/bin/python
/home/nescode/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:90: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
  InsecurePlatformWarning
/home/nescode/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:90: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
  InsecurePlatformWarning
  InsecurePlatformWarning
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-8OqVKz-build
Error: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/bench", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('bench==0.1', 'console_scripts', 'bench')()
  File "/home/nescode/bench-repo/bench/cli.py", line 56, in cli
    bench()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 664, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 644, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 991, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 837, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 464, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/nescode/bench-repo/bench/cli.py", line 161, in init
    no_auto_update=no_auto_update, frappe_path=frappe_path, frappe_branch=frappe_branch)
  File "/home/nescode/bench-repo/bench/utils.py", line 56, in init
    setup_env(bench=path)
  File "/home/nescode/bench-repo/bench/utils.py", line 87, in setup_env
    exec_cmd('./env/bin/pip -q install https://github.com/frappe/MySQLdb1/archive/MySQLdb-1.2.5-patched.tar.gz', cwd=bench)
  File "/home/nescode/bench-repo/bench/utils.py", line 79, in exec_cmd
    subprocess.check_call(cmd, cwd=cwd, shell=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command './env/bin/pip -q install https://github.com/frappe/MySQLdb1/archive/MySQLdb-1.2.5-patched.tar.gz' returned non-zero exit status 1
erptrial:~$