V13 HRA Component missing in Company master

I am trying to setup Employee tax exemption on v13, the documentation here says:

Note: HRA component needs to be configured in Company master under HRA Settings sections for the HRA exemption to work.

However, I am unable to find the the HRA settings in the company master. Was there any changes made to Tax exemption system in v13.
Kindly advise, Thanks

I can see HRA settings in the company master for v13.

In Company Master, try searching for the field using shortcut CMD + J

It’s not there, I checked in the doctype as well.
It looks like region specific fields are missing in the payroll module.
IFSC code and MICR code fields are also missing in Employee master.
Is there a way to fix it without reinstalling?

Update:
I setup a new site in multi-tenant mode, all regional fields are there as expected.
I suspect it was caused by a request timeout during setup wizard. Maybe the regional setup script didn’t execute fully or something.
What options do I have now?
I guess my only option at the moment is backup, reinstall and restore, or is there something else I should do?

Go to the Company master. Change the company to something other than India. Save. Then change the Country back to India and Save again. Ensure that you face no timeout and it saves successfully. If you face timeout then refresh and perform the steps again. In rare scenarios, it takes a couple of tries to get it right, but this should work eventually. Changing the country triggers the setup script again and so the fields should get created.

Worked, Thanks a lot.

1 Like