I had a glitch during V13-beta install where the setup wizard failed during setup. Upon retry it succeeded but I noticed that permissions for several doctypes were not set correctly. Restore / reset to original permissions did not work. Tried bench update --reset, etc. - did not help - this is an issue of the incomplete wizard during setup. Running on a VM with 8GB RAM - still had problem where wizard just hangs.
Documenting steps I took to resolve:
Firstly had to ensure that a default company was selected under Global Defaults (under settings). Then I changed the country of the company - and then changed it back to India (so regionalization settings were applied).
Under Role Permissions Manager for that specific Doctype (in my case GST HSN codes) - I had to create a 0 level permission for users ALL to be able to read/export.
For now these steps have resolved the issue for me - until I am able to troubleshoot why the setup wizard hangs during company setup…