ERPNext Conference 2019* ERPNext.com Blog

V-12 [HR] [Auto Attendance] Purpose of last_sync_of_checkin in Shift Type

Hello everyone. Has anyone used the auto-attendance feature in with Shift Type and Employee Checkin doctypes?

I wanted to know what is the purpose of last_sync_of_checkin field. Read the documentation also but not able to fully understand it’s purpose.
If anyone could help and shed some light on this.
Thanks.

Hi,

This field means the date and time will be updated whenever the data from the device is synced. Let’s say if the data is synced every 5 hours, then the updated time and date will reflect here

Regards,
Reema

Hi,
If I leave this field empty, then auto attendance doesn’t get marked. It works when I set the value to a datetime after current day shift ends.

e.g. my actual shift end for today is 2019-09-19 19:00:00. If I set last_sync_of_checkin to 2019-09-19 19:00:01 , then it will work correctly.

My question is do I have to update this field manually everyday? Because I couldn’t find any code reference where this field is getting auto-updated.

Best regards

Hi,

No you do not have to do it manually everyday, the field should be updated on its own when the device is synced. Currently, the logs are getting synced but the field id not updated. Looks like a small fix.

Regards,
Reema