Using sub-contracted sub-assemblies in a Production Plan

Hi All,

We create a production plan for a product, there are a number of sub-assemblies that occur for the product, some of these are done in house (this is fine, the production plan creates work orders for these). BUT some sub-assemblies have external sub-contracted activities (in this case, it is the electo-coating of metal work and the cutting, drilling and tapping of heatsinks). The ERP creates a work order for these products as well, but I need to use a purchase order in order to subcontract work.

If I submit the work order (Stock Entry using Material Transfer for Manufacture) and use the purchase order to create a Stock Entry using Send to Subcontractor. It will count as a double entry.

Essentially what I would like to know: is there a set procedure for sub-contracted sub-assemblies when using Production Plans? And if there is, what is it?

Hi,

I don’t think your scenario is covered. You can check out with Rohit’s initiative here: [Proposal] Manufacturing Roadmap Apr - Jun 2020 and try and influence him to incorporate what you’re looking for.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Thanks for the response Jay.

I will post it there to get some community feedback on the relevance of this issue.

In the mean while I have come with a temporary solution of:
1.We create a production plan for a product,
2. there are a number of sub-assemblies that occur for the product, some of these are done in house (this is fine, the production plan creates work orders for these).
3. BUT some sub-assemblies have external sub-contracted activities (in this case, it is the electo-coating of metal work and the cutting, drilling and tapping of heatsinks).
4. The ERP creates a work order for these products as well, but I need to use a purchase order in order to subcontract work.

SO: Since this work order for the subcontracted work is created in draft, we simply do not save these work orders (rather deleting them), we then go about the regular method of subcontracting work from a Purchase Order.
This eliminates the double entry problem. It is not an ideal solution but, provided the processed material from the subcontractor is material receipted into the correct warehouse and the higher level (product) BOM has the processed material item in it, the work order for the product can be completed as needed. Also any operations that need to completed on the subcontracted material (i.e. transporting it to and from the subcontractor) can be included in the product BOM and still completed in order for the product to be finished.

This is, again not an ideal solution but maybe it could be useful for anyone else looking for a procedure for sub-contracted sub-assemblies when using Production Plans

2 Likes

First create bom without operation and go to item modul, check on subcontracting detail, after that subcont work order not created, when you want to delivery raw material to subcont, go tu purchase order for the subcont and transfer material