Users will not be able to re-arrange standard fields

I figured that if you download fields on customized form and upload them after rearranging in csv it works! Is this expected behavior or just a workaround for rearranging the fields.

But, when you upgrade this will go away or it will conflict with new filed orders. Iā€™m not an expert on this topic, maybe someone more experienced could enlighten us.

@revant_one, what do you think about this workaround [i would say a Juggad :slight_smile: ] in the current context. Will this be lost or create a headache while upgrading to v11?

_Liyakat

Any updates on this? I have this requirement of re-arranging the fields with almost every client.

Please explain how you did this. I need to re-arrange many fields.

Best to tell no to your customers! its a bad solution and will create problems with upgrade.

1 Like

Ok Thanks

For Point#1 above, can the field movement be allowed within the section. In several cases, we face problems that the form has a lot of real-state that looks empty during data entry. Movement/rearrangement of fields within the same section would allow to effectively organize the form fields for data entry.