URL to access to Frappe Wiki

Hi People,

I’m have a simple problem, perhaps too simple.
I recently install FrappeWiki in may server site without a problem, I have the welcome page but I can access to the wiki, I don’t what is the right url.

I simple do

bench get-app ......
bench install-app .... 

and nothing more.

Any ideas?

Best Regards

You can go to yoursiteurl/home to go to the wiki home page
If you get redirected to some other place you already have something on /home in that case

1. Login to desk
  2. Go to wiki page list
  3. Open the home wiki page and change the route to some thing else
  4. You can now click on see on website on the left sidebar to open the page

Frappe Wiki Documentation

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Mohammad

Thank you for your answer, was very useful but now I found another error, when I reach the wiki page I have got this error

The trace below show this
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 49, in render
data = render_page_by_language(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 178, in render_page_by_language
return render_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 194, in render_page
return build(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 201, in build
return build_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 224, in build_page
html = frappe.get_template(context.template).render(context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 1090, in render
self.environment.handle_exception()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 832, in handle_exception
reraise(*rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/_compat.py”, line 28, in reraise
raise value.with_traceback(tb)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/wiki/wiki/./wiki/doctype/wiki_page/templates/wiki_page.html”, line 1, in top-level template code
{% extends “wiki/doctype/wiki_page/templates/wiki_doc.html” %}
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/wiki/wiki/./wiki/doctype/wiki_page/templates/wiki_doc.html”, line 2, in top-level template code
{%- from “templates/includes/navbar/navbar_items.html” import render_item -%}
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/./templates/base.html”, line 83, in top-level template code
{% block content %}
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/wiki/wiki/./wiki/doctype/wiki_page/templates/wiki_doc.html”, line 77, in block “content”
{% block page_container %}
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/wiki/wiki/./wiki/doctype/wiki_page/templates/wiki_doc.html”, line 83, in block “page_container”
{%- block page_content -%}{%- endblock -%}
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/wiki/wiki/./wiki/doctype/wiki_page/templates/wiki_page.html”, line 19, in block “page_content”
{% include “wiki/doctype/wiki_page/templates/show.html” %}
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/wiki/wiki/./wiki/doctype/wiki_page/templates/show.html”, line 31, in top-level template code
{{ include_script(‘wiki.bundle.js’) }}
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/sandbox.py”, line 460, in call
if not __self.is_safe_callable(__obj):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/sandbox.py”, line 360, in is_safe_callable
getattr(obj, “unsafe_callable”, False) or getattr(obj, “alters_data”, False)
jinja2.exceptions.UndefinedError: ‘include_script’ is undefined

Do you have any ideas?

Best Regards

This is happening since the version13(13.8.0, 13.7.0…) branch of frappe framework still uses rollup, and frappe/wiki is already ported to esbuild constructs(include_script). You should not face these issues on develop branch of frappe. I am having talks with the other members to see if we can find a middle ground.

@Mohammad_Hasnain is there any workaround for this? could both rollup and esbuid be used till frappe framework migrates to esbuild (if that is part of the roadmap)?

I am planning to raise a PR that should fix it

1 Like

thank you @Mohammad_Hasnain, we will wait your fix.

Having same issue. Any update on resolution of this issue?

There were a bunch of new changes that were added to the develop branch, which are not backported
The Wiki uses some of these new features
So simply adding forward compatibility for esbuild in v13 would not be enough.

so technically Wiki can not be used with version 13?

Currently, no
It will require some days of work to find alternatives for everything that was used from develop since all those things cannot be backported. Or to make everything forward compatible

If someone is interested to take it up, I can help.

Also since this app has only frappe as a dependency you can actually have a separate basic FC site for this. Or a separate bench for it, if you’re self hosted. And then use a subdomain/ redirect to make it look like you’re running it on the same domain.

1 Like

Hi there,
I just wanted to check if there are any changes in this topic?
Thank You in advance

You can try using the version-13 branch on the repository. tested out some changes to make it work on version-13 frappe

I tried but something doesn’t add up. I cannot rewrite the route for the wiki “home”. Why can this happen? Thanks for your help

I can’t make it work either, I create this page,
and this is my sidebar

but when I click on “See on website”, I land on route http://localhost/wiki and then I’m redirect to /home with no time.

Any Ideas?

Hi, same problem here. Any update to this? I have latest v13.16.1 (version-13)

Hi @Mohammad_Hasnain,
is there any update to this?

After participating in your great talk today (thanks by the way!), we would like to evaluate the Wiki, but we have issues to get it up and work. Logs don’t show anything, also Console is without any error.

Should the wiki be functional meanwhile with latest Frappe(+ERPNext)?

Thanks!

Hi @Patrick.St

I would be able to help you in a much better manner if you can share some more details like what is actually happening. Are you not able to wiki home page? or you are facing redirections. Any more details will help.

The master branch of wiki works only with the develop branch of Frappe Framework. Wiki uses some features from the develop branch which were not backported to v13. There is a version13 branch but it is a lot more behind.

You can use the nightly benches on frappe cloud to try out wiki.

Hi @Mohammad_Hasnain,
I am facing a redirect-loop (301 permanently moved).
You have already perfectly answered my question: The issue is, that it would be still required to go with Frappe Develop-Branch.

Thanks - I will continue evaluation on our dev-instance with develop-branch.