Uploading ERPNEXT on live server

i already hade frappe ERPNEXT on my ubuntu 16.04 LTS on my laptop and i made some changes on the translation files and also i created the tutorial library app .

now i wants to get a live server and upload my projects on it so how can i do that ?

Well you can quickly do it on ant AWS, Linode, DO or similar provider and use the easy install scripts get erpnext up and running. About your app, assuming you developed it using git, you can install it via bench and passing the address of your repo. Go checkout the official documentation for that: I’m pretty sure it covers your issue already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thats great i already started to check out more in github and git to understand more about how it is working but as i explained i made every thing from my laptop and i followed the documentation of frappe so everything are made at my laptop and now i changed few things on the code of erpnext and i made a new translation file and i tested all on my laptop and everything is running well . now i decided to go throw real server so i wants to know how i can launch my customized erp to that server instead of the basic version which i got from the easy install ?

thanks for your last reply

I think a bit of planning ahead is needed here. Unfortunately it’s not exactly a copy/paste thing. It depends the kind of environment you setup locally, how you did set up things to start from and so forth. Data in out should be easy. I would then set up a production environment online and move my data there. But if you made changes to the source code then I can’t help. I don’t know what you changed and the state of your repo… it’s such a singular case. Tampering with the source code is widely not recommended unless you really know what you are doing -and if you don’t know the workflow you will probably lose your changes at the next update- unless you set your own pipeline for that.

You either have to know if hacking the code is the way to go, and then plan your workflow ahead of your development, or do as recommended: make a new app carrying over the changes and then install that one on top of a standard production environment.

1 Like