Upgraded to Frappe and Erpnext version 12 failed

I tried to upgrade ERPNext which landed me into a new issue:

The commands which I executed were:

bench switch-to-branch version-12 frappe erpnext --upgrade
bench update --patch

opt/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/pip install -q -U -e /opt/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /opt/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/python3 -u -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"’/tmp/pip-install-jzvrj3se/pandas/setup.py’"’"’; file=’"’"’/tmp/pip-install-jzvrj3se/pandas/setup.py’"’"’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’"‘open’"’"’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’"’"’\r\n’"’"’, ‘"’"’\n’"’"’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘"’"‘exec’"’"’))’ bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-63uot4b2

copying pandas/tests/indexes/period/test_tools.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/indexes/period
copying pandas/tests/indexes/period/test_period_range.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/indexes/period
copying pandas/tests/indexes/period/test_asfreq.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/indexes/period
copying pandas/tests/indexes/period/test_ops.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/indexes/period
creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/init.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_readlines.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_compression.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_pandas.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_normalize.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_ujson.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_json_table_schema.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/formats
copying pandas/tests/io/formats/test_css.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-
copying pandas/tests/extension/decimal/test_decimal.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/extension/decimal
copying pandas/tests/extension/decimal/array.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/extension/decimal
creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/arrays/categorical
copying pandas/tests/arrays/categorical/test_constructors.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/arrays/categorical
;
;
; Didn’t paste the whole error use to word limitations.

----------------------------------------

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /opt/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/python3 -u -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"’/tmp/pip-install-jzvrj3se/pandas/setup.py’"’"’; file=’"’"’/tmp/pip-install-jzvrj3se/pandas/setup.py’"’"’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’"‘open’"’"’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’"’"’\r\n’"’"’, ‘"’"’\n’"’"’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘"’"‘exec’"’"’))’ install --record /tmp/pip-record-bgopg6dt/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /opt/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/include/site/python3.8/pandas Check the logs for full command output.
Updating node packages…

Installing node dependencies for frappe
$ yarn install
yarn install v1.22.4
[1/4] Resolving packages…
success Already up-to-date.
Done in 0.47s.

Bench: Deployment tool for Frappe and Frappe Applications (https://frappe.io/bench).
Open source depends on your contributions, so do give back by submitting bug reports, patches and fixes and be a part of the community :slight_smile:

Please help me with this issue:

This suggests your pandas setup failed - possibly this may fix that Bench installation of erpnext fails on pandas setup

Hi Clarkej,

I was able to fix all the errors, by installing whichever was failing. And now my erpnext is up and running at V12, I am not sure how I can use the master version of V12 looks like it is not yet released.

Many Thanks and Regards,
Kapil

1 Like

There is no ‘master version’ as of V12. version-12 branch of frappe and ERPNext is exactly that, version 12 of the software.

1 Like