Upgraded to Frappe and Erpnext version 12 failed

I tried to upgrade ERPNext which landed me into a new issue:

The commands which I executed were:

bench switch-to-branch version-12 frappe erpnext --upgrade
bench update --patch

opt/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/pip install -q -U -e /opt/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /opt/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/python3 -u -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"’/tmp/pip-install-jzvrj3se/pandas/setup.py’“'”‘; file=’“'”‘/tmp/pip-install-jzvrj3se/pandas/setup.py’“'”‘;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’“‘open’”’“‘, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’”‘"’\r\n’“'”‘, ‘"’"’\n’“'”‘);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘"’“‘exec’”’"‘))’ bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-63uot4b2

copying pandas/tests/indexes/period/test_tools.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/indexes/period
copying pandas/tests/indexes/period/test_period_range.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/indexes/period
copying pandas/tests/indexes/period/test_asfreq.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/indexes/period
copying pandas/tests/indexes/period/test_ops.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/indexes/period
creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/init.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_readlines.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_compression.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_pandas.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_normalize.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_ujson.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
copying pandas/tests/io/json/test_json_table_schema.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/json
creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/io/formats
copying pandas/tests/io/formats/test_css.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-
copying pandas/tests/extension/decimal/test_decimal.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/extension/decimal
copying pandas/tests/extension/decimal/array.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/extension/decimal
creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/arrays/categorical
copying pandas/tests/arrays/categorical/test_constructors.py → build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/pandas/tests/arrays/categorical
;
;
; Didn’t paste the whole error use to word limitations.

----------------------------------------

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /opt/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/python3 -u -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"’/tmp/pip-install-jzvrj3se/pandas/setup.py’“'”‘; file=’“'”‘/tmp/pip-install-jzvrj3se/pandas/setup.py’“'”‘;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’“‘open’”’“‘, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’”‘"’\r\n’“'”‘, ‘"’"’\n’“'”‘);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘"’“‘exec’”’"‘))’ install --record /tmp/pip-record-bgopg6dt/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /opt/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/include/site/python3.8/pandas Check the logs for full command output.
Updating node packages…

Installing node dependencies for frappe
$ yarn install
yarn install v1.22.4
[1/4] Resolving packages…
success Already up-to-date.
Done in 0.47s.

Bench: Deployment tool for Frappe and Frappe Applications (CLI to Manage Frappe Deployments).
Open source depends on your contributions, so do give back by submitting bug reports, patches and fixes and be a part of the community :slight_smile:

Please help me with this issue:

This suggests your pandas setup failed - possibly this may fix that Bench installation of erpnext fails on pandas setup

Hi Clarkej,

I was able to fix all the errors, by installing whichever was failing. And now my erpnext is up and running at V12, I am not sure how I can use the master version of V12 looks like it is not yet released.

Many Thanks and Regards,
Kapil

1 Like

There is no ‘master version’ as of V12. version-12 branch of frappe and ERPNext is exactly that, version 12 of the software.

1 Like