So I was faced with a challenge, to update a v9 install from on-site to cloud hosted, can be cloud to cloud, onsite to onsite. Here are the steps I took to make it happen, please request any details by replying. Thanks
- Get SQL dump of old site database in .sql format
- install new erpnext instance
- Use putty and Winscp (if on windows) to connect and easily transfer files
- In new instance; create a new database (just my paranoia) - really helpful for finding where a missing data may be. (HOT!)
- Import data into new database: from mysql terminal: do source dbfile.sql
- once done, site will definitely have errors.
- do bench update --reset --no-backup (just to speed up)
- do bench migrate, inspect patches and fix database missing table, depending on your business, you can skip non critical patches (careful, don’t take my word for it)
– You will benefit from having 2 putty windows and 1 Winscp windows, keep mysql open in one and the linux terminal in another
- create missing table columns, search or request help here.
- Get stuck with site Updating? Run bench update --patch