Update ITEM Master, is_sales_item and is_purchase_item using IMPORT TOOLS

Hi,
Anyone have try using IMPORT TOOLS to Update item master for is_sales_item and is_purchase_item and works correctly ?

I have tried to update this because previously didn’t CHECK for these both. Now try to update again, but doesn’t update the record. Anyone can advise ?

Download the new template with only required fields to be updated. Make necessary changes and import back in. Make sure only to check update records

It showing following error :slight_smile:

kindly help to advise.

Why you want to change maintain stock field?

No, I didn’t .

I only update is_sales_item and is_purchase_item, but it show the error for MAINTAIN STOCK.

Following is the error message

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/data_import/importer.py”, line 388, in upload
doc.insert()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 219, in insert
self._validate()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 455, in _validate
self.validate_set_only_once()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 482, in validate_set_only_once
frappe.CannotChangeConstantError)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 323, in throw
msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator=‘red’)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 309, in msgprint
_raise_exception()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 282, in _raise_exception
raise raise_exception(encode(msg))
CannotChangeConstantError: Value cannot be changed for Maintain Stock

Plz download only 3 column and import your data. No need to send other column

Attached with the file that I upload, still same error. Kindly help, thanks.

If the items are already created then put item codes within inverted commas in ID column. Remove all other column and just leave is purchase and is sale

Yes, the problem solved. thanks a lot.