Update Existing ERP to erpnext version 8.2

Hi Experts,

am really got stuck in erpnext, i have erpnext installed in localhost working very well, i did little changes in erpnext , e.g Like New field creation new Report , New Print format , Now i could not able to update in new Version.
Current Version is as below :-
ERPNext: v7.2.19

Frappe Framework: v7.2.15

OR How can i Install New ERPNext ??
Please suggest …

Any errors you faced?

Recent update :

@revant_one
Yes We faced many issues its give me an error like ( Changes you made is not Committed ) .

Cannot proceed with update: You have local changes in app “frappe” that are not committed.

Here are your choices:

1. Merge the frappe app manually with “git pull” / “git pull --rebase” and fix c onflicts.
  2. Temporarily remove your changes with “git stash” or discard them completely
    with “bench update --reset” or for individual repositries “git reset --h ard”
  3. If your changes are helpful for others, send in a pull request via GitHub and
    wait for them to be merged in the core.

Hi @dineshpanchal432 the error its because you have made changes in the frappe and erpnext code, this isn’t recommendable mode of make customizations, instead you should do your customizations in a custom app so in the future updates you will not facing this kind of errors.

For now, i think you should discard the changes that where made in frappe or erpnext code (you will have to look up a way to backup those changes outside for later), then you will able to update and in the better escenario re-implement your customizations in a custom app.

Regards

https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/customize-erpnext/

1 Like