Update ERPNext without loosing changes made to standard doctype

So I have a specific setting done to the event doctype, that Event Participants is a Mandatory field to be able to save the Event.

However, after each and every update this setting is disabled although other standard fields of the event doctype that I made mandatory are not disabled.

Of course during updating I am offered the option to do git pull or do a bench update --reset - unfortunately I don’t understand yet how to update without loosing these settings every time.

Is anyone open to showing a command flow for this ?

I am also same issue. I have created custom fields last time in my erpnext. Now while upgrading I am getting below error:

Cannot proceed with update: You have local changes in app “erpnext” that are not committed.

Here are your choices:

1. Merge the erpnext app manually with “git pull” / “git pull --rebase” and fix conflicts.
  2. Temporarily remove your changes with “git stash” or discard them completely
    with “bench update --reset” or for individual repositries “git reset --hard”
  3. If your changes are helpful for others, send in a pull request via GitHub and
    wait for them to be merged in the core.

I have done as said in above error my customization gone. Every update I am loosing customization. How this can be prevented.

Also tried recovered stashed data but getting below error:

erpnext@erp12:~/erp_bench/apps/erpnext$ git stash apply
On branch version-12
Your branch is up to date with ‘upstream/version-12’.

Changes not staged for commit:
(use “git add …” to update what will be committed)
(use “git checkout – …” to discard changes in working directory)

modified:   erpnext/selling/doctype/quotation_item/quotation_item.json

Untracked files:
(use “git add …” to include in what will be committed)

patches.txt

no changes added to commit (use “git add” and/or “git commit -a”)

Please help to solve this.