[Upcoming] Quick Entry

@rmehta, discuss crashed the gif! Can you upload it in the blog and sent the link again?

@cpurbaugh @max_morais_dmm @becht_robert @creador fixed via dropbox link!

@rmehta, I still being unable to see this! But https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrhzdbrysved3ob/quick-entry.gif?dl=0

Great feature, it will save lots of time.

definitely a time saver. How can the enduser determine which fields will be in the quick entry form??

@becht_robert mandatory and bold fields go to quick entry. It will automatically open if there are 7 or less fields.

2 Likes

Nice Feature!!

But what if we want to skip this feature for certain DocType, is there a way to disable this?

3 Likes

Awesome feature @rmehta. On invoices, journal entries, GRN, it should save us tons of time …

hi @rmehta,
Its a nice feature. appreciate it.

Is there any option i disable this feature for a doctype?

1 Like

same request @rmehta, any way to disable this?
Also, the print preview feature (document goes straight to print preview, and then it gives an option to edit) also needs a way to be disabled.

Hello @rmehta I think we need to have option to disable this feature. Existing custom java scripts will not work to the quick entry. If you have a custom java scripts you have to create 2 scripts for each one for the quick entry and standard entry.

I have created an issue in github Option to disable feature Quick Entry · Issue #1700 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

1 Like

It gets disabled if you have more than 7 fields

But yeah maybe explicitly enable it / disable it.

Someone send a PR :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I will try to create one :slight_smile: Maybe you can guide a little. :slight_smile: Is this the commit for the quick entry [enhancement] minimal new form to add new items by rmehta · Pull Request #1651 · frappe/frappe · GitHub ? I did not see a code that you disable if more that 7 fields? I would like to start there.

ok I found it :slight_smile: frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/public/js/frappe/form/quick_entry.js

frappe.ui.form.quick_entry = function(doctype, success) {
	frappe.model.with_doctype(doctype, function() {
		var mandatory = $.map(frappe.get_meta(doctype).fields,
			function(d) { return (d.reqd || d.bold) ? d : null });

var doc = frappe.model.get_new_doc(doctype);

if(mandatory.length > 7) {
			// too many fields, show form
			frappe.set_route('Form', doctype, doc.name);
			return;
		}

I try to create a PR :slight_smile:

@rmehta Your wish is my command :wink:

I have made a PR add option to disable/enable quick entry feature by ccfiel · Pull Request #1702 · frappe/frappe · GitHub to enable/disable quick entry

4 Likes

Can you guide how to create custom script to work on quick entry?

@jof2jc sorry i did not get your question

How to make custom script to work on quick entry? We have to create another script? Do you have an example?

What is the way to make a collapsible section available for quick entry as follows:

There is a quick Entry Checkbox in v11 for section breaks too but it is not working:

[EDIT]: It works well. One has to mark “Allow in Quick Entry” in individual fields within the section too. This is a useful feature.