Unable to sync data with REST API for biometric-attendance-sync-tool

Hi,

I am trying to use the REST API of the erpnext to store employee attendance data. I am using this GitHub - frappe/biometric-attendance-sync-tool: A simple tool for syncing Biometric Attendance data with your ERPNext server

But I am getting not permitted error. I confirmed and verified that the user has access to the employee check-in and shift doctype. How to fix this not permitted issue. Can’t find any solution for it. Please help.

Request:

curl --location --request GET ‘https://erpnext/api/method/frappe.auth.get_logged_user’ \ –header ‘Authorization: token <api_key>:<api_secret>’

Response:

{ “exc_type”: “PermissionError”, “exception”: “frappe.exceptions.PermissionError: Not permitted”, “exc”: “["Traceback (most recent call last):\n File \"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py\", line 68, in application\n response = frappe.api.handle()\n File \"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py\", line 55, in handle\n return frappe.handler.handle()\n File \"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py\", line 31, in handle\n data = execute_cmd(cmd)\n File \"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py\", line 64, in execute_cmd\n is_whitelisted(method)\n File \"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py\", line 607, in is_whitelisted\n throw(_(\"Not permitted\"), PermissionError)\n File \"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py\", line 438, in throw\n msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator=‘red’, is_minimizable=is_minimizable, wide=wide, as_list=as_list)\n File \"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py\", line 417, in msgprint\n _raise_exception()\n File \"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py\", line 371, in _raise_exception\n raise raise_exception(msg)\nfrappe.exceptions.PermissionError: Not permitted\n"]”, “_server_messages”: “["{\"message\": \"Not permitted\", \"indicator\": \"red\", \"raise_exception\": 1}"]” }

Please help to figure it out.

Thank you

Does the user have HR Manager and System Manager permissions?

1 Like

yes the user have all permission, but the error is keep showing up