Unable to import HSN code in ERPNext version 12

Yes you have work to do :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @clarkej

I did my work :grin::blush:

In order to import just tick the check box as shown in Screenshot in HSN doc.

1 Like

Good, thanks for your learning notes - consider them reminders to yourself :wink: others will be glad you left them too

2 Likes

how did you solve this?
Data import fails even if i check allow import :confused:

what is the error. please provide screenshot

It looks permission issue. I suggest you to make your instance as developer mode and then try to import. I have done in that way it looks long back.

Before the above method check @netmanthan s resolution. It should work.

Note: Before that take the backup since if once enable developer mode next up-gradation is not happening smoothly.

Reinstalled ERPnext on a fresh aws ubuntu v18 instance.
One thing i’ve noticed is while going through the setup wizard on a fresh erp website in web browser,setup fails for the first time and when i retry it goes on ok and the setup completes.I remember this happened with me on my last install too.
But this time even though the gst hsn code doctype is filled with all the hsn codes , only administrator has permission to access them.
When i try to give permissions, to say accounts manager, the same error from above screenshot repeats(no permission specified pop up ,whichever permission i click on)!
Administrator can view gst hsn code list but if i click on any hsn code i get this :confused: erp%20bug%203|690x388

I have imported as only as Administrator(After enabling developer mode). I am not sure about that. It looks this needs to be rectified by erp team.

Enable developer mode:
Go to the file: site_config.json
Add below line:
“developer_mode”: 1

or run the below command:

bench set-config developer_mode 1