Unable to create a site with French Language

Hi everybody,

Sorry for my english, I am french,

Server Linux Centos 7

Bench and erpnext V. 8.

The setup wizard was unable to pass without error at the end: more than 10 trial.

Impossible de trouver Unité de Mesure par Défaut: Uom, Rangée #1: UOM: Uom

The setup wizard went to the end with the English language.

I am a newcommer to erpnext and i was almost ready to quit.

I have been obliged to change language whith the desk.

I don’t know if it presents a source of trouble.

thanks for an answer.

Hi Didier,

I am using ERPNext in French and sometimes there are some small issues related to the accents (for example when setting up a user in the setup wizard) and incorrect descriptions but overall it is working great.

Which domain did you choose in the setup wizard ? (Distribution, Services, …) ?

Can you try one last time with another domain ? I use Services and didn’t encounter this issue.

Thank you!

Hi,

thanks for your interest:

I tried with distribution , service, production;

My install is from scratch and each time i dropped the site and recreate it with no success with french.

With the english one, the setup works good from first shot !

???
I always try to use words without any accent because i know it could be a source of trouble.

So ???

Strange indeed…

This issue comes up when the system tries to create the first items.

Can you provide me with some examples of items, especially the unit of mesure, you entered in the wizard so I can try to test it tomorrow ?

Can you try to setup in english and then change default language to French?

Strange … you said strange…

I created a new site , same way…

But in the wizard i gave a logo picture , the other pages with the same information as the previous trial.

and the wizard went at goal !

I am unable to say why …???

Thanks for your help

That’s what i have done, and the setup went an end.

So the problem is relative to the French language ???

I made a new trial and gave a logo picture in the wizard process and the wizard succeded. ??

I am unable to say where the problem is.

Thanks for all.

Didier.

That’s what i have done, and the setup went an end.

So the problem is relative to the French language ???

I made a new trial and gave a logo picture in the wizard process and the wizard succeded. ??

I am unable to say where the problem is.

Thanks for all.

Didier.

At first sight the French parameter for the number # ###,## in place of English #,###.##

is not applied in the Quote or Bill or prices ?? may i missed something ??

check system settings

Hi Didier,

I did several re-test of the installation wizard in french and wasn’t able to reproduce your error.

Regarding the currency format, there is indeed an issue:

Parameters:

Invoice:

Item Price:

I will open an issue.

Thanks a lot for your answer,

But this is my parameters:

and the purchase test:

The currency format is not the good one ???

When i want to define the desktop icon:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 56, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 42, in execute_cmd
ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 907, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/help.py”, line 33, in get_help_content
return HelpDatabase().get_content(path)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/help.py”, line 95, in get_content
result = self.db.sql(query.format(path=os.path.join(path, ‘index’)))
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 149, in sql
self._cursor.execute(query)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 205, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorclass, errorvalue
ProgrammingError: (1146, “Table ‘erpnext.help’ doesn’t exist”)

I think i am going to make an English installation to compare if i have the same difficulties.

again thanks for your answer.

Didier.

Hi Didier,

I am not able to see the screenshots you sent unfortunately on discuss.frappe.io.

In any case, I have submitted a new pull request to correct the currency format issue: Country settings and currency format for shared currencies by chdecultot · Pull Request #3038 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

I guess it is important for you too @JoEz, since Italy doesn’t use the standard EUR format defined in ERPNext either as I can see in your latest PR.

If you need to change it in the meantime, you can go to CURRENCY LIST > EUR (DEVISE LIST > EUR) and change the format there. It will be applied automatically in all transactions.

As for the desktop icon issue, I am not able to reproduce it on my end unfortunately.

I’ve sent a pull for Italy request as well frappe/3035

Thanks for your help,

I always work as administrator
As you said me, I modified the the Euro currency format

and the Quote, Bill and prices are all right.

When i want to acces to the transaction to choose desktop icon, i only have a blank screen ??

When i want some help : the error script seems to show a missing Table in the Database ??

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 56, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 42, in execute_cmd
ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 907, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/help.py”, line 33, in get_help_content
return HelpDatabase().get_content(path)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/help.py”, line 98, in get_content
result = self.db.sql(query.format(path=path))
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 149, in sql
self._cursor.execute(query)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 205, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File “/home/digitech/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorclass, errorvalue
ProgrammingError: (1146, " Table ’ erpnext.help’ doesn’t exist ")

Thanks for your help.
Didier.