[Tutorial] How To install ERPNext V12 on windows 10 home / Pro WSL ubuntu 18.04LTS

There’s two potential causes for this and I don’t remember how I solved it.

1. Some underlying package of cryptography has a problem with WSL
  2. It could be isolated to the frappe-bench’s virtual environment. This one is easier to solve, so try it first: bench pip install cryptography

This is the error. Kindly anyone guide please
frappe@DESKTOP-GD56773:~$ sudo -H python3 install.py --production --site frappe.local --user frappe
Logs are saved under /tmp/logs/easy-install__2021-04-09__12-14.log
Checking System Compatibility…
ubuntu 18 is compatible!
curl already installed!
wget already installed!
git already installed!
Installing pip3…
pip3 installed!
Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-j0f6tr7d/cryptography/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “install.py”, line 436, in
install_prerequisites()
File “install.py”, line 143, in install_prerequisites
‘python3’: “sudo -H python3 -m pip install --upgrade setuptools cryptography ansible==2.8.5 pip”
File “install.py”, line 118, in run_os_command
returncode = subprocess.check_call(command, shell=True, stdout=log_stream, stderr=sys.stderr)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py”, line 311, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘sudo -H python3 -m pip install --upgrade setuptools cryptography ansible==2.8.5 pip’ returned non-zero exit status 1.

getting the same error…

You cannot install a production ERPNext site to WSL because it relies on systemd, which is not available in WSL distributions.

I think one of the problems is within the script, the location of playbooks is at ‘/tmp/.bench/bench/playbooks’ and not ‘/tmp/.bench/playbooks’

hi @nmami sir,

i want to install ERPNEXT in my windows 10, I download virtual box and am not able to download production.ova file what can i do sir. please help

My understanding os that ova is production ERPNext. There is no ova for develop branch

@Nihar this note describe something different from your question unfortunately.

Am I to understand each services need to be manually started every time Windows boots? Is there no way to make them start automatically?

Hi dear,
Could you please tell me if it is possible to run frappe framework application on windows system immediately with out need for WSL or docker ?

thank you so much…

@KingShaheen ,

if you don’t want WSL or docker then use VM Virtual Box.

link ERPNext Production v15.0.0 ova download link

Thanks