Translation framework broken?

I’m trying to contribute to the translation of my language (dutch) but it looks like the framework is broken. Translations aren’t saved, when I select a letter, nothing happens, etc…
Before the weekend I could only see one page of “verified” translations so there was nothing I could really do, and now I can only see one page of certain unverified strings (and only that page, nothing else). Also, the last string contains the HTML code of other parts of the website so it is surely a bug (first line is the text “add code as script” translated to my language (dutch) but then the rest of the website is also added to the edit field:

Voe code toe als

<span class="indicator red">
            Unverified</span>

</div>
</div>

<div class="row single-message"
    data-message-id="db85ca9d1ae55fb020f3a1ca839ea827c585c41289e66c06f7f9ed27"
        data-source-message-id="fd31da46b27d4cb6b9e195234798356aa2cbaa9873c8c6ebe3b9bffb">
    <div class="col-sm-5">
        <div>
            Add Column
            <i title="Badly formed message"
                class="icon-flag text-warning hide"></i>
        </div>
        <div class="text-muted small">
            <span class="message-ts" data-timestamp="2014-08-28 14:46:45.870497">
                2014-08-28 14:46:45.870497
            </span>
            by Administrator 
        </div>
    </div>
    <div class="col-sm-5 translated
        "
        data-verified="0" style="min-height: 20px; cursor: pointer;">
        Kolom toevoegen
    </div>
    <div class="col-sm-2 text-right">

<span class="indicator red">
            Unverified</span>

</div>
</div>

<div class="row single-message"
    data-message-id="fd96b9f15b95ae127f5684aeb828d36c0a27e27e350b590cfe91c443"
        data-source-message-id="4089e9eac5cfadb5e0e2eb586f959f32136eff145d3e835bfab4392e">
    <div class="col-sm-5">
        <div>
            Add custom forms.
            <i title="Badly formed message"
                class="icon-flag text-warning hide"></i>
        </div>
        <div class="text-muted small">
            <span class="message-ts" data-timestamp="2015-05-14 10:22:55.814586">
                2015-05-14 10:22:55.814586
            </span>
            by Administrator 
        </div>
    </div>
    <div class="col-sm-5 translated
        "
        data-verified="0" style="min-height: 20px; cursor: pointer;">
        Voeg aangepaste formulieren.
    </div>
    <div class="col-sm-2 text-right">

@Laurens thanks for reporting. Will fix this.

@rmehta is it also possible to make me “verifier”? Dutch is my native language so I could speed up the process of getting good translations and getting them approved? There are a bunch of horrible translations that need attention. :smiley: hahah. Thanks in advance.

@Laurens done. can you refresh and check?

@rmehta - brilliant, it works. Thanks! Verified my first string.

Two more questions:

1. Is there a way to see other suggested translations?
  2. Is there a way to unverify wrong translations? (because e.g. “issue” can be translated as a noun (a problem, an issue) “kwestie” but also a verb (to issue) “uitgeven” and sometimes it can’t be determined because there is no context and the wrong translation was verified in the past.

@rmehta Also, maybe a suggestion: https://crowdin.com/
I’m active for prestashop and invoiceplane, both open source projects. I know that the invoiceplane manager has free access to crowdin because the project is open source. There are many benefits about crowdin - e.g. you can compare other translations, the process is more transparent, possibility to discuss with other translators, possibility to upvote/downvote, possibility to add “context” to translations so that it’s clear what’s meant, etc… Just a suggestion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys, the translation website seems to have an error again. This is what is says when I select a language:

e.g. https://translate.erpnext.com/view?lang=nl

Oops, a server error has occured
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 32, in render
data = render_page_by_language(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 101, in render_page_by_language
return render_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 117, in render_page
return build(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 124, in build
return build_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 137, in build_page
context = get_context(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/context.py”, line 15, in get_context
context = get_page_context(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 18, in get_page_context
page_context = make_page_context(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 27, in make_page_context
context = resolve_route(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 44, in resolve_route
context = get_page_context_from_template(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 67, in get_page_context_from_template
return get_page_info(o, app, app_path=app_path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 194, in get_page_info
load_properties(page_info)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 288, in load_properties

page_info.title = re.findall('<h1>([^>]*)</h1>', page_info.source)[0].strip()

IndexError: list index out of range

*edit: @rmehta can you have a look at this? Site has been down for a while now. Thanks. :wink:

Now it works.

Let’s try out.

Please send us feedback.