Tracking payments

Hi,

A small thing I like to share with you.

I only use POS for sales, however people 1) pay next time, pay by bank, pay cash, or pay by card (most of them thanks god).
Using the POS the options for “debtor management” is limited.

I found quite an efficient system to see who paid and who not. I do not submit if the invoice is not settled. On the list menu just clicking “drafts” shows me than the list of invoices still to be settled.
If some one pays i click “submit”

Sure, there are other methods but this works very easy.

Robert

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Robert,

I think this system is good only if the payments are received within a day or two or if the number of Sales Invoices is in Draft are less, but this system would fail if the number of invoices becomes large and also if the payments are received after say 15 days or more.

In those scenarios one should only use the Make Invoice instead of the POS option and then when they receive payments they should receive them with the Journal Voucher.

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:18:55 AM UTC+5:30, robert wrote:

Hi,

I only use POS for sales, however people 1) pay next time, pay by bank, pay cash, or pay by card (most of them thanks god).

I found quite an efficient system to see who paid and who not. I do not submit if the invoice is not settled. On the list menu just clicking “drafts” shows me than the list of invoices still to be settled.

Robert

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Robert,

If payment comes after some days, posting date of payment should be different. How are you tracking that, via custom field?

Also you need to make custom fields for cheque number and date.

- Nabin Hait

On 10-Apr-2013, at 10:02 AM, Addy wrote:

Hi Robert,

I think this system is good only if the payments are received within a day or two or if the number of Sales Invoices is in Draft are less, but this system would fail if the number of invoices becomes large and also if the payments are received after say 15 days or more.

In those scenarios one should only use the Make Invoice instead of the POS option and then when they receive payments they should receive them with the Journal Voucher.

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:18:55 AM UTC+5:30, robert wrote:
Hi,

Using the POS the options for "debtor management" is limited.

I found quite an efficient system to see who paid and who not. I do not submit if the invoice is not settled. On the list menu just clicking "drafts" shows me than the list of invoices still to be settled.
If some one pays i click "submit"

Robert

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

-Hi, yes with many invoices and delays this may create a problem. Most (90%) of our customers pay cash or by bank card. So these are immediately submitted. Customers who will pay by bank tranfert, or pay next time, etc are not submitted. In the Accounts, Sales invoices List under show i only tick drafts. Now I will see the customers who did not pay yet. I regularly log into the bank website and see online the transactions. If i see a payment than i submit the corresponding invoice.

May be not truly professional, but for us this approach works fine. 

On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:48:55 PM UTC+2, robert wrote:
Hi,

Robert