ToDo List no longer offers Markup

At one time, you added Markup features to ToDos. I now see this feature has been eliminated. Is there a reason why Markup cannot be re implemented?


A ToDo message that contains lists, links to other files and sites, and images means we can include information right within the ToDo text that helps the user accomplish the task without further research.

Please consider restoring this feature.

Thanks,
Paul Stary
Paul,

We can bring it back. The reason I removed it was when I hit a large number of todos, - I have like 30-40 items in my list, I found that some markdown text was taking a lot of space. And just to enable as many to-dos on one screen, we thought maybe we can reduce the white-space.

A to-do is usually meant to be a one-line note. We also have a slightly more longer one called "Task" - which has a rich-text editor for description. Do you think that would be a good alternative to a long to-do? 

Will also be happy to get ideas on this one. 

best,
Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 09-Nov-2012, at 10:11 PM, Paul Stary <pa...@virtual-gt.com> wrote:

At one time, you added Markup features to ToDos. I now see this feature has been eliminated. Is there a reason why Markup cannot be re implemented?

A ToDo message that contains lists, links to other files and sites, and images means we can include information right within the ToDo text that helps the user accomplish the task without further research.

Please consider restoring this feature.

Thanks,
Paul Stary

I see your point but does adding Markup mean the row height grows if you DO NOT use it? So if Markup is user optional, what would it hurt to add it back? There are times that I would love to have the feature.


 

On Friday, November 9, 2012 8:41:36 AM UTC-8, Paul Stary wrote:
At one time, you added Markup features to ToDos. I now see this feature has been eliminated. Is there a reason why Markup cannot be re implemented?

A ToDo message that contains lists, links to other files and sites, and images means we can include information right within the ToDo text that helps the user accomplish the task without further research.

Please consider restoring this feature.

Thanks,
Paul Stary
Paul,

Let me think on this, maybe we can make it an option (or maybe we can have a collapsed and expanded view in the todo list)

best,
Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 14-Nov-2012, at 1:05 AM, Paul Stary <pa...@virtual-gt.com> wrote:

I see your point but does adding Markup mean the row height grows if you DO NOT use it? So if Markup is user optional, what would it hurt to add it back? There are times that I would love to have the feature.

 

On Friday, November 9, 2012 8:41:36 AM UTC-8, Paul Stary wrote:
At one time, you added Markup features to ToDos. I now see this feature has been eliminated. Is there a reason why Markup cannot be re implemented?

A ToDo message that contains lists, links to other files and sites, and images means we can include information right within the ToDo text that helps the user accomplish the task without further research.

Please consider restoring this feature.

Thanks,
Paul Stary

How about subtext that can be shown or hidden with an arrow to the left of the ToDo. That way the TO DO title can be simple (no Markup required) but the subtext (if you choose to use it) would have Markup features.



On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:23:43 PM UTC-8, Rushabh Mehta wrote:

Paul,

Let me think on this, maybe we can make it an option (or maybe we can have a collapsed and expanded view in the todo list)

best,
Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 14-Nov-2012, at 1:05 AM, Paul Stary <pa...@virtual-gt.com> wrote:

I see your point but does adding Markup mean the row height grows if you DO NOT use it? So if Markup is user optional, what would it hurt to add it back? There are times that I would love to have the feature.

 

On Friday, November 9, 2012 8:41:36 AM UTC-8, Paul Stary wrote:
At one time, you added Markup features to ToDos. I now see this feature has been eliminated. Is there a reason why Markup cannot be re implemented?

A ToDo message that contains lists, links to other files and sites, and images means we can include information right within the ToDo text that helps the user accomplish the task without further research.

Please consider restoring this feature.

Thanks,
Paul Stary