Timesheet overlap error

Hi,
I’ve just updated to erp v13.21, I think I went from v13.08, or simmilar, and we are now getting timesheet overlap error when there is in fact no overlap.

Can someone help on this issue please?

@bedo have you tried 07:01 instead of 07:00 ?

yes, 7:01 works, but that is a bit strange. I use Timesheet later to generate working hours, but if you start shifting by 1 minute, it won’t look good. There can be multiple entries per day.
And then if you only enter from 7:00 to 7:59, you will get 0,98 hrs, but I would like to see 1hr.

@bedo okay you have to find the code and change it .

well, I would like to, but I don’t know where. I checked timesheet validation but I don’t even see any difference to the previous commits :frowning: The validation from time overlap looks same to me as before…

PS: I’m not really a programmer…

@bedo I may be just a <= symbol change to < . I will give it a check and come back to you later . what is the doctype ? is it work order ?

it should be somewhere here:

I went from version 13.5.1 to 13.21 based on the logs.

Ok I think I found something…

this line I don’t see in the v 13.5.1, after commenting this line it seems that validation works as expected. so if I put time 7:00 to 8:00 and 8:00 to 9:00, everything is fine.

if I put 7:00 to 8:00 and 7:59 to 8:59 then I get an error.

THe point is now, I don’t fully know what self.set_to_time(data) should be doing. But this line is causing problems… @bahaou maybe this helps…

@bedo try to remove the = from this code .

@bedo I tried it in my machine v13.21 and it works fine . my version is not using the to_time field . just from_time and set the hours to 1 .

that doesn’t work for me. I tried removing “=” in where you suggested, also a bit below there is a section for internal overlap, I think this is active when timelog is not yet saved.
The only thing that work for me is to comment self.set_to_time(data). Then everything works fine.

As I said, I am not really a developer, but maybe someone from erpnext team will have a look into this.