Telegram Integration Custom App

The error is because your messages have empty text in them. You have to add the chat id manually for now.

1. Go to https://api.telegram.org/YOUR_API_TOKEN/getUpdates. This will show all the messages in JSON Format.
  2. Find the chat id. You can find this easily by searching the message you sent.
  3. In your ERPNext, go to New Telegram User Settings (The same page you received the error) and in the console, type cur_frm.set_value({telegram_chat_id: 'your-chat-id'});
  4. Save, and it should work. I hope :crossed_fingers:.

Just try this for now. I have also added a PR to fix this.

2 Likes

@youssef buddy pls help as unable to get recipient table to show , even if i put it as a child table the receiver field doesnā€™t show drop down options ā€¦ the same notification recipient table works fine in system notifications form

pls helpā€¦

It worked for me, Thank you.

The bot receiving data from frappe wellā€¦!!! but while adding the bot into telegram group (group chat)ā€¦the data received by the bot will not reflected or added to the group(the bot added to group)ā€¦how to fix it? i need to send the message received by the bot to the telegram group ā€¦

I just have one issue, the ā€˜Send to Telegramā€™ button doesnā€™t appear always, we always have to refresh the page or reload the page in order for the button to appear. any fixes or suggestions for that ?

Thanks.

I didnā€™t find a solution for that yet

1 Like

Dear sir,

I had a feature request if possible, can you make the chat id field editable, as sometimes through telegram bots we can get the chat id of a particular user, so in those cases we dont have to ask them to enter the key in their chat as its a bit difficult process for normal users.

Thanks,

just send you a PR for that.

2 Likes

I am facing an issue, I am using the ā€˜Saveā€™ option in ā€˜Send Alert Onā€™ field, now a user has blocked the bot for some reason, so the whole document is not able to be saved giving error that user has blocked telegram bot. Unless I disable the the notification from settings, that particular document cannot be saved.

any work around or solution for this? how to use the ā€˜Methodā€™ option can someone please guide?

Thanks,
Moiz

@youssef Is there been any changes recently? as I have two environments and telegram notifications have been stopped on both of them suddenly without changing anything.

Your assistance would be of great help.

Thanks,

You can review all changes on GitHub
And if there is any bug you can submit GitHub Issue

Hello there. I keep getting error when creating a new telegram user.

I have followed the guide A to Z, and as soon as I press Get Chat ID I get this:

https://mysite/api/method/erpnext_telegram_integration.erpnext_telegram_integration.doctype.telegram_user_settings.telegram_user_settings.get_chat_id_button

What am I doing wrong? Frappe / ERPNext v14, python telegram bot installed both in bench env and outside the env as wellā€¦

Can you please create a GitHub Issue and share the full error there and the APPs exact versions

Will do.

Telegram integration 1.2 has been great. Thank you so much!

However, will there be a feature of reading from incoming message in the bot and maybe creating a document from it? For example, employee can write ā€œcheckinā€ to the telegram bot and ERPNext would create a Checkin document for the employee (linked telegram user) along with its timestampā€¦?

1 Like

Would this work with site installed on fracpecloud?
as Iā€™m Receiving Error on Clicking Get Chat ID Button.
that says - AttributeError: aenter

1 Like

can you find solution ?

Does it have a viable use case? Who can use it for what benefit?

Yes, we can use as reminder like insurance reminders, other due date reminder, telegram is more useful for my organization instead of email notification

Good use case. How should remainder work?
Does telegram have a ā€œ/remind me at 16:00ā€ feature or do you expect that from ERPNext?

Can you suggest a complete command and little more explanation please?