System Requirments

Hello,

I’ve been trying to find the system requirments for ERPNext installation and couldn’t get a complete answer.

So what are the minimum and recommended system requirments for ERPNext installation? (CPU, RAM, HDD, OS etc.)

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
George

You can start with minimum 1G ram on CentOS 7. Disk space, CPU cores and more ram would depend on your usage.

I am getting a server with 4gb ram and 1tb hdd is that too much for a company with 30 users and 4years of accounts data with around 500 data forms(includes client, vendor and supplier list.) ?

I think HDD of 500Gb would be enough. Any suggestion on this ?

Regards

That should be sufficient.

Thanks Mate

I would like to know about ERPNext deployment. Is it better for a small company to have it deployment on premises with decent server pc and use port forwarding to use it over the internet?
or is it better to deploy on the cloud like digitalocean or aws ? i find these too expensive

@fkardame if you are using erpnext next in a local environment deploy it in premise but if your your user is remote I would suggest to deploy it in digitalocean or aws its more economical in terms in getting a reliable internet connection + servers.

@ccfiel Thanks for the reply.

Most users are in the office only few might access remotely and that no not much.

If budget allows I would add more RAM to your server build. When buying the RAM check to see how the motherboard best utilises its RAM slot/bus configuration. 4Gbx4Gb & 4Gbx4Gb may be preferable to 8GBx8GB depending on MB layout. I would get at least 16Gb if possible. Use as fast as possible SSD for CentOS7 and ERPNext install. 1TB SATA SSD’s are really cheap these days. If server is a new build (and again if the budget allows) go for M.2 or PCI-e SSD drives. Maybe get two separate PCI-E Gigabit NIC’s if that suits your network topology. E.G. Sales gets NIC 1 and Management gets NIC 2 so the load gets shared. Make sure your power supply completely surpasses your server’s power requirements. I have found newer “Prosumer Workstation” MB’s to provide better value than 'Server" MB’s and are just as reliable but cheaper. On a whole, Do not use any MB onboard RAID chipsets. YMMV of course. If you are purchasing second hand ex corporate rack servers then take your time as there are a ton of them out there. Haggle the seller to bump up your RAM to the max possible. Chances are he has 30 of the same model. Put a new SSD or HD in imediatly. My above server suggestions maybe be completely over spec for you budget in which case please ignore.

INTEL XEON E3-1225-V3 -3.20GHz PROCESSOR
4GB DDR3 RAM
1TB SATA HARD DISK
MINI TOWER
USB KEYBOARD
USB MOUSE

Is this fair enough ?

1 Like

The Xeon is still fine. Apparently it accepts up to 32Gb RAM. You may need to get DDR3L vs DDR3 RAM depending on MB. The Xeon Supports PCI-E Ver 3.0 which is good. Old Dell and HP servers can be great buying… As long as you can put them somewhere where the fan noise doesn’t annoy everyone. Best check Workstation/Server MB for *NIX compatibility as well. If *NIX is not clearly supported don’t buy. HTTH.
Am not sure if you planning to buy this setup or your company has it sitting around. If buying new I always found Xeon’s to be over priced for what they delivered. A newer single i7 CPU may be better buying. Forget the Intel text about Xeon enhanced driver stability as I have never found this to be an issue.
One last thing. Check to see how big all the clients last 4 years of files are. If its less than 250GB then buy 512MB SSD over 1TB HDD.

RAID
controller Intel Rapid Storage Controller 12.0 supporting SATA 6Gb/s (2 ports-SATA0, SATA1)
SATA 3Gb/s (2 ports+ SATA2, SATA3)
4 SATA connectors (for hard drives and optical)

Embedded NIC Intel Ethernet Connection I217 10/100/1000

this one has Intel NIC. This server will be used by 15-20 users only

1 Like