I have spent the last 90 minutes fixing a problem, that I hope you all will prevent yourself from experiencing by reading this:
- I created a new field in a DocType. I chose data as field type. But I actually needed numbers.
- I repeated this with 5 more fields.
- I realized that I had to use the field type “Int” (for Integer / numbers) later when I created a custom script for a calculation.
- I tried to change the field type. Do not do this! All trouble started here. Error messages. Wrong calculations. Silly displayed numbers in reports.
- The only fix that I found was to erase all fields and recreate them with the right field type (Int). It all now works like a charm.