Here is the summary of the foundation call held on 14th June 2018.
- We discussed on the upcoming launch of certification.
- Content of certification course will focus on the context (like why ERPNext, the approach consultant should take, cost of maintaining customisations etc) and list links to documentation and other resouces.
- We should have developer certification in long term.
- We will have a badge for certified consultants.
Role of Foundation
- Foundation will play an enabler role and not hire developers/analysts to deliver results.
- We will do more events to facilitate interaction between community members.
- We discussed about foundation hiring a developer to play “Pull Request Manager” role - This will unnecessarily introduce a layer between core developers and contributors from community.
- We should focus on improving the quality of Pull Requests sent.
- If you try to send a PR now, you will see a list of things to consider which helps ( Thanks to Ameya @codingCoffee )
- Frappe team will commit on a definite timeline by which they will merge or give feedback.
- Need a code “style guide” - I will check this.
- Online Code Sprints - Not sure how effective these will be, but lets experiment.