Student Group - Get Students

We have 8 semesters in our college for each programme. students are divided and enrolled for the programmes(course enrollment is also done) depending on the courses and batch. however the students are not retrieved under the student group when i click the “get students” button depending on course and batch. but, if i choose the group based on “Activity”, i am able to add the appropriate students individually. doing this for all the groups is time-consuming. btw, if i just have one semester defined, “get students” works based on course and batch. would like to hear from the community if there is a workaround or if i am missing something ??

Are they enrolled matching all these contraints:

1. Academic Year
  2. Term
  3. Programme

??

yes …all are specified in the enrollments

If the Academic Year, Academic Term, Program, Batch is matching in the Program Enrollment and Student Group then it is fetching the students. Have you done any customization around that, if the issue is still unresolved, could you please comment the screenshot of both here.

yes … i have done some customizations…is that a problem in getting the students

Hi @Vinob_chander_Ramasw
In this case, it seems that you haven’t enrolled the student in that particular course. Make sure that you have selected this courses in the program enrollment doctype also.

course is selected

doesn’t seem to work

i think it only seems to work if you have a single term in an academic year…

Hi @Vinob_chander_Ramasw

You can create the batches for full academic year , the same batch can be used for each term irrespective of the term number and the results can be generated on the basis of TERMS through assessment plan.

1 Like

@Vinob_chander_Ramasw, while creating the batches, keep the term blank even if you create 8 terms in the academic year

@Sarita,
while creating the batches, keep the term blank even if you create 8 terms in the academic year
student batch name creation is independent only, it is not linked to academic terms
You can create the batches for full academic year , the same batch can be used for each term irrespective of the term number and the results can be generated on the basis of TERMS through assessment plan.
true, but “get students” is not fetching the students. plz. see the screenshots in the trail

Can you please check in Program Enrollment if students get listed for this Batch / Course?

Were these students enrolled for SEM 2? or you are enrolling for the first time? Did you try the Program Enrollment Tool to transfer them to new batch?

@Vinob_chander_Ramasw
Also can you send the screen shot of Program Created?

the screenshots are in the trail

am enrolling for Sem3. They are not enrolled in Sem2. .i tried the program enrollment tool too…

How have you created a Program? The Program should have this course and the student should be enrolled in the same academic year and / or term you are creating the batch for. It’s getting created

steps :

1 create academic year and term first

1. then create program with various courses

refer to Program.png

1. let the student select the program and course

refer to program enrollment.png

1. create group by SELECTING the same Academic Year, Academic Term , course, program which is used earlier. Save the group and then click Get Students, it works perfectly.

refer to **student group.png

i have the coursed populated in the program as well…in my case i need to get the students enrolled for a particular term…however in ur case, you have done the program enrolment for 2018-19 (Term II), but you have not chosen that academic term in the student group. My scenario involves creating the groups for the appropriate terms as well !!