Stock Integration with General Ledger

I am coming from a Sage background where stock is linked to various General Ledger accounts using Groups and Warehouses. I can’t seem to see where I can achieve the same in ERPNext V11. This integration determines reporting at GL level. In for example, for a supermarket business, butchery sales will be credited to the butchery GL account and bakery sales will be credited to the bakery GL account on processing the Sales Invoice under a perpetual inventory system. Please may you assist.

Hi Taural,

You can set the Income and Expense accounts in the Item Defaults section of the Item Master. Alternatively, you can change that in the Sales Invoice item details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Hi Suresh,

You are welcome to setup a separate account for each warehouse in the Current Assets, Stock Assets area.

The Stock Balance Valuation total is what appears in the account that you use for each warehouse. If you use the same account for more than one warehouse, you will see the sum of valuations of all warehouses that use that account.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Thank you JayRam.

I cannot seem to find the field you are referring to under the item master but I have seen an old video showing the same. This is what my item master screen looks like:

I have also noticed that in the Sales Invoice screen under "Accounting Details and Debit to:’ I can put in a General Ledger account. I want to be able to Debit Cost of Sales with the cost of the item and Credit a specific Income account with the Sales amount before tax. See below:

Just about the Purchase Replenishment Details is that Child Table. Open the First item in the child table by clicking on the Down Arrow to the Right end of the row and thou shall see! :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

No don’t change that dude! That’s so that you create a Debtors amount. Else you will have trouble in your Receivables account. Open up the Item in the Sales Invoice item by clicking on the down arrow to the right end of the row and look for Expense Account or Difference Account field.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Thank you JayRam,

After some struggle I finally got it. Phew!!!

This is very key to my reporting requirements.

Again, thank you.

Taurai