[SOLVED] Purchase orders not being displayed after change in workflow

Hi everyone,

I have implemented workflow for purchase order which is working fine. (There are two approvers in it Manager & CEO.)

Now I have a requirement from management to remove CEO from approving workflow.
I have made the old workflow in-active and created a new workflow with only manager as an approver.
When I activate new workflow, purchase order list shows nothing. I have to restore old workflow.

Any help in this regard.

Regards,

Zahid

Any help please?

@Zahid.Butt,

Please check roles and Permission for this.

There is no change in permissions and roles (I mean users are authorized to read,write,create,submit as it was earlier). List is shown blank even in login of system manager.

Regards,

Hi experts,

I am in problem please review the issue and suggest any solution.

I have implemented workflow for purchase order which is working fine. (There are two approvers in it Manager & CEO.)

Now I have a requirement from management to remove CEO from approving workflow.
I have made the old workflow in-active and created a new workflow with only manager as an approver.
When I activate new workflow, purchase order list shows nothing. Summary on the left shows no of POs “approved by CEO” but on the right side there is nothing. I mean detail screen shows nothing.

I have to restore old workflow. When I restore old workflow all the POs are shown in detail screen.

Regards,

Try removing the CEO step from workflow actions, but leaving the states for it.

For Example, the old workflow:

States:
Draft
Pending CEO Approval
Approved
Rejected

Workflow:

Draft > Request Review > Pending CEO Approval
Pending CEO Approval > Approve > Approved
Pending CEO Approval> Reject > Rejected

New Workflow:

States:
Draft
Pending CEO Approval
Approved
Rejected

Workflow:

Draft > Approve > Approve
Draft> Reject > Rejected

I have disabled old workflow containing CEO step, then I think there is no need to remove it.
New workflow does not contain CEO approval step.

Regards,

New workflow

Old workflow states

Old workflow Transition Rules

As I have given the screenshots of workflows, what changes should I make to resolve issue?

Thanks

Just add the ‘Approved by CEO’ workflow state into the new workflow. You can leave it out of the transition rules. Then see what happens.

1 Like

Thanks for your time. I made the changes as per your instructions and now all Purchase orders are being displayed.

Regards,

Zahid

1 Like

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/6104

Opened a github issue.

1 Like