[Solved] Best strategies to implement these three distribution scenarios?

Hello,

Until now I’ve been selling directly to known individuals, all end customers.

Business will soon grow and I’d like to prepare for the following scenarios and I’d like to know what’s the best way to implement each one in ERPNext:

1. An interior designer X who will buy from me at a 10% discount (which he can then choose either to pass on to the customer or consider his commission). I’ll probably not always know who is the actual customer. Shall I consider the interior designer as the customer, sales person or sales partner?

2. A street store Y which will carry my products. They’ll keep some of my products as consignment stock and they’ll pay at the end of the month whatever they have sold that month. I assume I’ll have to create a warehouse to keep track of the consigned stock, right? And since I won’t ever know the name of the end customers… who will be identified as the customer? The store? Shall I create an “Anonymous” customer? Shall this store be a sales partner or a sales person?

3. Same as above but, instead of consignment stock, the store will actually buy all the products from me upfront. No need for a specific warehouse here, right? And should the store be the customer? I’d rather consider it a sales channel for reporting purposes. Shall it be a sales partner with “Anonymous” customers?

I am assuming the “Sales person” concept is for people who work on my team while “Sales partners” are third party entities who cooperate with me. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,
Nuno

1 Like

Hello,

The person who buys from you directly (the interior designer in this case) is your Customer. You can add a custom field called End-User to record the end-user name is you get to know it sometimes.

Yes you need to consider the shop store as your own warehouse since technically the products are yours until they are sold. The shop is your customer, and you can apply the same thing about the custom field for End-User.

No need for warehouse like you said. Since you will be challenged with the end-user (end-customer) all the time, it’s better for you to consider the shop as your customer.

Sales person are ideally people who will help in sales whether they work for you or not, but they will not buy your product to resell it. Your interior design and the street shop are re-sellers, not sales persons. A re-seller is a customer for you.

Regards,
Ahmed

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the thorough explanation. Now things are clear.

Could you give me an example of a scenario which uses a Sales Partner then? So that I can understand its need.

Thanks again,
Nuno

Sure, one of your salesmen (or ladies, or partners) is going to close a deal but the PO will placed on your company directly. So you create a SO for your customer, and mention your salesman (sales person) to record his commission.

The key idea here is that the PO is placed on you directly by the end-user, and you want to record the sales person involvement so that you later on pass him something (commission) for his efforts to help close the deal.

Regards,
Ahmed

2 Likes