So disappointed with setup wizard

Did frappeadmin exist before you run the sudo python3 install.py … command? I usually failed the installation process because I created the frappeadmin user in ubuntu manually before installation. When I did not create frappeadmin user the process goes through.

I remember, I once had intermittent (poor) internet connection and the installation also stopped. What I did was just repeat the installation command again and again. (just use the up-arrow key to retrieve the command from the cache. Try this.

I am confident there is nothing wrong with this procedure because I just successfully installed in Ubuntu 18.04 virtualbox with the 2 CPU Core and 5Gb Memory (specified in the Virtualbox settings) on a slow laptop with 4 CPU Core and 8Gb Memory. It could be your internet connection.

Totally agree.

Not sure we’re masochists. But many of us are extremely stubborn, and keep smashing keys, until we get a working system.

I’ve recently ranted about this on another thread, so will keep my replies short(er):

1. Success/failure is random and intermittent. For some people, it works flawlessly. These are the folks saying “it works for me.” For others it can take a few tries. Some people never get it to work.

2. In my experience, the installation wizard gets stuck 80% of attempts. I’ve probably done 50-100 “from scratch” installation tests by now.

3. I greatly dislike Easy Install. If you do too, I strongly suggest going Manual from now on. You get more consistent results that way. However the Wizard can still fail, no matter how you install.

4. OS or Distribution seems to make no difference. I’ve seen both success and failures on all of them.

Root Causes are many. Bad installation code and design. Unpinned requirements until quite recently. The “develop” branch is the default on GitHub. Race conditions in Installation Wizard. And the complexity and design of the framework and repos.

Some of us are trying to solve this. But it’s a full-time, unpaid job, and huge effort.

If you need help with Manual Installations, I’d be happy to help; have a lot of experience debugging those.

Still stuck. Sigh… do you have a true a to z manual production installation?

Okay i just want to know if you run it on a stand alone server, virtual machine, vps server or cloud since the setup and procedure will be different base on linux ubuntu 18 template, ubuntu 18 iso, and ubuntu 18 vps server maybe you tell us first what kind of ubuntu 18 setup do u have. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.