Shopping Cart Logic

I saw the Presta Shop integration was passing cookies.

What stack is berio-topo using? My Wappalyzer app just shows ERPNext and Frappe. Does that mean you’re using Webshop?

1 Like

@ccraig yes, we are using the webshop!

We did a lot of fixes and improvements, but definitivelly, yes is the pure webshop!

3 Likes

I also thought Vue Storefront and MedusaJS were good candidates to enhance / augment the eCommerce offering in Frappe.

I’ve declined an opportunity to submit a proposal / quote recently because Webshop is “untested” and just too new, especially for a very large collection of items with various dimensions such as colour, and packaging options.

What concerns me most is the SEO capabilities for such a large collection of items and how that would be achieved / optimised?

So, I’m following this topic with great interest…

4 Likes

Hi Craig,

I’ve been quite on the same track.

Do you wanna have a casual call to toss some design ideas around?

Cheers!

4 Likes

Yes, I’d love a chat!

My latest update is that I’m playing with Vendure (headless ecommerce) using this SvelteKit based store front stater.

It’s been around longer than MedusaJS and seems a bit more complete. However, next week on the 9th, MedusaJS said they are announcing version 2.0.

I also want to include part of a message I sent in the Telegram Webshop group:

There is merit to having two separate backends. Some benefits are:

1. If ERPNext goes down (bug/update breaks it/data corruption/server outage/hacker) your eCommerce site is still up and vice versa.
  2. Heavy traffic load on your eCommerce won’t affect your ERPNext.
  3. You may want your eCommerce hosted on the edge or geographical locations for performance and load balancing.

So I may continue down the Vendure path in order to I have a separation of concerns.

5 Likes

As mentioned above, MedusaJS just announced version 2.0 today. Looks like the fixed a lot of the pain points. Will be interesting to see how it compares to Vendure.

3 Likes

Yes what a coincidence. I just posted in another thread that MedusaJS have released v2 a few hours ago.

Thanks for reviving this topic and keeping it on the radar. I’m eager to see how we can get ERPNext & Medusa to be integrated.

I do echo all the phrases regarding ERPNexts built in eCommerce. It’s awesome yet lacks alot of capabilities also with notable bugs present, nonetheless.

3 Likes

Feaures releases in Medusa

Link: Medusa - Recap 4

2 Likes

Also, many of us will be running ERPNext on local servers on site. So serving a website from it would not be possible.

Using Medusa/Vendure prevents vendor lock in and allows for deployment to the edge. Really opens up a lot of flexibility and customization!

4 Likes

Not to be outdone by MedusaJS’s 2.0 announcement, Vendure has just released version 2.2 which has a lot of performance improvements and customization features for the Admin. Looking forward to playing with it.

2 Likes