Shopify Sync issues

Sorry I am out of steam here to sort this out possibly someone else will volunteer :wink:

OTOH if you want to work on this let me know!

Work on this in what sense?

To engage me on a paid basis?

Check with your employers and send me a private message thanks

If someone confirms that the connector is indeed in a non working state and the problem is not just on my end, then yes in that case I would consider that. And with “that” I mean work with someone to fix the connector. Otherwise I think it’s reasonable enough to expect advertised features to work “out of the box”.

EDIT
Fixed wrong wording

My apologies I assumed wrong, that sync uses polling. Instead sync is event driven with http callbacks

Hi @mtaki14, I understand your frustration.

Personally, we weren’t really able at the time to make concrete tests with the shopify connector, nor is there anyone who is going to guarantee that it works, that’s very little it does in itself.

The same with woocomerce, which was anuciado etc… I doubt that there is anyone to assure you that it works properly, and are not features maintained by the core, or seem to have little importance.

We are talking about basic functionalities, not full integration in both directions and 100% integrated.

An alternative (I’m not saying it’s good) is to press the core to really give more importance to the ecomerce and web they bring integrated, mitigating to some extent the lack of a serious integration with an ecomerce.

Serious integration with ecommerce at least in our experience, is an important part of the choice of system, if the main sales channel comes by that means.

I hope I have given you some clarity.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. I kinda followed your efforts here and on gituhub regarding the ecommerce connectors while I was doing research on the topic to find a solution. Looks like it is how I feared and I will have to take matters into my own hands as the core team either doesn’t seem to care enough about this particular area of the software or it’s very low on their list of priorities, as you mentioned.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but then of course YMMV - your mileage may vary - you may need some expertise here and bugs are to be expected.

As rmehta encourages the community, the 1st rule of open source is to scratch your own itch. To fix the problem yourself or find the resources to do that, and contribute that knowledge back to the community. Anyone who cares to is free and welcome to do this.

That is fair and reasonable would you not agree?

That is fair and reasonable would you not agree?

It is, except I’m not sure how well that aligns with a hypothetical scenario where I have a paid enterprise subscription.

This is a bit ironic, don’t you think?

2 Likes

Ah OK that’s a different story, I was about to suggest that option.

You have emailed support@erpnext.com for say saurabh6790 to resolve your case?

edit: Well in any case, presumably the paid users are content with Shopify support

Sorry, but I have to ask. Let’s say that someone email this case to support@erpnext.com and they resolves the case, does the resolution gets immediately into the core and becomes available to all users of the community?

Well for example in my case, this one line fix submitted two days ago nabin committed and released yesterday Release Release v12.1.1 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

That to me indicates the system is working…

1 Like

It was a PR made by you for an issue reported in discuss, it wasn’t an issue reported by an email to support@erpnext.com. I’m not sure about the system working…

Right but I can’t imagine paid support does not work the same?

Then again quite possibly the support folks are swamped

I have four PRs opened almost 4 months ago and some of them doesn’t even have comments. It’s not like the “system works”, at least not always. But anyways, that’s not what we are talking about. I was thinking in maybe the support having a private fork, but it’s not our thing to talk, or at least not here. Sorry for the off topic, you can get back to it.

Speaking of caring this may help somewhat -

With each code commit the automated test suites run, for example here all 654 tests passed just now https://travis-ci.com/frappe/erpnext/jobs/231847293

bench --site test_site run-tests --app erpnext --coverage
make_records: in DEBUG mode
WARNING	Property: Unknown Property name. [11:3: overflow-wrap]
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ran 654 tests in 869.458s
OK
The command "bench --site test_site run-tests --app erpnext --coverage" exited with 0.

Note this same test count 656 as rough ‘proof’

frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext$ find . -name 'test_*.py' | xargs grep 'def test*' | wc
    656    1975   69201

The tests include this lone Shopify test

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/blob/develop/erpnext/erpnext_integrations/doctype/shopify_settings/test_shopify_settings.py#L61

I say lone since my ambition is test driven development with automated test QA quality assurance so one test is the bare minimum…

Too bad this test is empty - I forget whether that counts as passed or not
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/blob/develop/erpnext/erpnext_integrations/doctype/shopify_log/test_shopify_log.py

I’m also facing the same issue regarding syncing. I’m on a selfhosted instance. The webhooks are not created once I check “Enable Shopify” and click Save. There is no error on the error log. Any update on this?
ERPNext: v12.1.2 (version-12)
Frappe Framework: v12.0.12 (version-12)

In the latest release (12.16) I can see that there was a fix for shopify integration. That got me excited for a moment. But after trying the new version the same exact issues persist.

I’m glad though that there was some movement in this area, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Hi, I just ran into the same problem as you guys. It seems like the shopify connector was pointing at the wrong api url. That is fixed now for the webhook creation but not for the unregistering yet. I fixed it, and as soon as I am more familiar with github I’ll publish the change.
FYI, the url here needs to be changed it should read […]/webhooks/{0}.json
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/blob/develop/erpnext/erpnext_integrations/doctype/shopify_settings/shopify_settings.py#L58

Other than that, if you still don’t get the webhook section in the settings after enabling the connector I have a guess why that is. Shopify refuses certain urls when setting up webhooks. So if you are on a self-hosted instance, especially if it is a local one it might refuse to setup the webhook. It might just reject all urls containing IPs full stop. It does raise an exception on line 48 but doesn’t log it for some reason.
At least it does for me as it sends https://10.0.0.1/api[...] to shopify.

1 Like